Date Interruptions

Ivy sits at the desk in her office, drinking a cup of coffee when she gets a text.

Unknown: hey, it's Jonathan, how do you feel about dinner sometime this week?

To Jonathon: yeah, I would love to. I'll text you when I'm free! Can't wait

She is smiling to herself as Jackson walks in, "Whats got you so happy?"

"Uh, just planning a date for this week. What's up? You need something?" She asks.

"No, just thought I would come see my best friend," he says, weirdly.

"We live and work together, don't you see enough of me?" Ivy laughs.

Her phone buzzes on her desk.

Goddaughters Mom #1: hey, Arizona and I are at a conference this week so Mark has Sofia. Can you check in with them every once in awhile? I trust Mark but still.

To Goddaughters Mom #1: of course. It wouldn't matter if you were there or not, I would still see her every chance could get.

Goddaughters Mom #1: how could I forget.

"Date texting you again?" Jackson asks, with an edge to his voice.

"Uh, no. Callie. Her and Arizona are out of town for the weekend but Sofia is staying with Mark," Ivy says, putting her phone down.

He gets a look of realization on his face, "Oh. Okay, I'm gonna go get breakfast, want anything?"

"A refill on coffee and a blueberry muffin?" She asks.

"Of course, be back."

As he leaves, Alex comes in, "Hey, can I use your computer? I need to right my paper for Robbins about the African kids-"

Ivy cuts him off, "Sure. I'm gonna take a nap anyways."

He takes her spot at the desk as Ivy lays down on the couch. She manages to fall asleep and miss that Alex takes his shoes off. He is clipping his nails when Jackson walks back in, "Great, I come here to eat breakfast and it smells like feet."

"Whats another word for crappy?" Alex ignores.

"Sucky. Suckity. Stankin," Jackson names, waking Ivy up and handing her her food.

"Why the hell are your bare feet on my desk?" Ivy snaps at Alex.

She's ignored as Jackson continues listing words, "You could go with assy also, or ass-like."

Alex snaps back, "You're ass-like."

Jackson mentions, "No, that toe jam on your feet is ass-like."

"You better sanitize that desk when you're done, Karev," Ivy warns.

"I've got that damn African paper and boards. Man, fifth year blows," Alex remarks as Webber comes in.

Alex quickly takes his feet off her desk as Ivy turns her head into Jacksons shoulder to hide her laughter, "Oh, hey, Chief. Sorry."

Webber reassures him, "You don't have to apologize to me, just Ivy. You're at the top of the resident food chain. The world is your oyster. If you want to waste your time bitching about it, that's your business. Hey, have you heard anything about anything big coming in today, like a car accident or a building collapse."

"Chief, are you trolling for cases?" Alex chuckles.

"Dude, don't you have a laminectomy with Shepherd today?" Jackson asks Alex.

"Yeah, but that's a snoozefest," Alex says.

Ivy laughs, "I think he means, don't you have it now? Like right now."