Heart Wants What it Wants

Ivy gets off the elevator to see Mark, Lexie and Jackson talking, "Get pumped!"

"I'm pumped," Jackson says, not sounding pumped at all.

Mark and Lexie get into the elevator as Jackson stands there for a second. Ivy taps his shoulder, "You know, you could have gone up with them."

"Thanks, but I have to go change," he brushes her off.

"Okay, are we back to this whole ignoring me thing because I've talked to Mark and apparently you're doing it to him to. So what's going on?" Ivy  chases after him.

He continues walking, "Nothing, just got a lot on my mind lately."

Ivy sasses, "Yeah, but we know it's not talking to your best friend or mentor. So how about you share some of the things on your mind."

He sighs, hanging his head, "I think Lexie wants to get back together with Mark and I- well I have something else that I'm working through."

"Jackson. Lexies with you. That's not going to change, but at the end of the day, are you going to continue to let it affect your mentor/mentee relationship with Mark? And the other thing, I can help you if I have more details..." Ivy trails off.

"No, that I need to work on by myself," Jackson shakes his head.

"Okay, but I'm here whenever you need me," Ivy hugs him before walking off to her office.

Jackson sighs, 'I gotta figure this out.'

○○○○

Ivy sits at her desk, looking at the schedule when Jackson and April walk in, "Tell me I'm paranoid or something?"

"You're paranoid," April tells him, sitting on the couch.

"Thank you," he sits next to her.

"Although, she did throw a softball at his girlfriend," April adds.

Ivy hangs her head, "Are you still on about this? Just talk to her."

Jackson ignores her advice, "Screw this. You know, I can't be around Sloan today. I... Ivy, just take me off plastics, just for today. I gotta clear my head."

Ivy glares at him, "Yeah, what are you going to do when tomorrow is the same as today and then before you know it, it's the boards. I'm not rearranging a full surgical schedule, that I spent hours on, just because you are having girl problems. Suck it up or talk it out."

Alex walks in, sighing, "You guys ever hear of a Polly Preston?"

"Chief resident at Brigham, I went to med school with her," Ivy says.

"Shes only my number one peer role model," April laughs.

"You're a freak and I hate you," Alex snaps at her.

Jackson looks over Ivys shoulder, "What are you working on today, Karev?"

Alex asks, "A fat load of nothing now, why?"

"How would you feel about a nerve graft?"

"I would feel great about a nerve graft."

Jackson turns to Ivy with a pleading look, in which she melts to, "Fine. But know this, you two are sitting in a hospital where people are dying. Jackson, you're afraid to talk to you're girlfriend or your mentor. Alex, prove you deserve the peds fellowship. And April, sweetheart, you need more O.R. hours, Bailey had a packed day, go see if she'll let you scrub in on anything."