Sick

AN: I decided to skip the Cristina based episode but if you really want to see it, I will do it at a later time

Ivy and Jackson rush into the elevator, "We'll only be like 15 minutes late, tops."

She argues, "We wouldn't be late at all if you just put the key on the hook. I made sure it was by the door so you would always know where it is. I mean, I had 6 month old twins ready to leave before you could even find the k-"

Jackson kisses her, effectively cutting off her rant, "I'm sorry," kiss, "I know you're super mom," kiss, "But there is only so much," kiss, "I can do," kiss, "To help you out."

The elevator doors open onto the E.R. as Ivy gets off. She wipes her lips before focusing on what Owen is saying to the staff, "It feels like flu symptoms then G.I. stuff."

"Oh, sorry. Sorry," Murphy bumps into Ivy as she moves to standby April.

"It goes without saying that soap, water, and hand sanitizer are your best friends. And if you feel sick and you can go home, then go home. Spread the word. That's all for now," Owen finishes as Ivy sanitizes and grabs her tablet.

She goes over to a bed, "Hi, I'm Dr. Shepherd-Avery. Are you Braden?"

His mom nods, "Yes, this is our little Brady bug."

"Mom!"

"So, did you speak to our doctor?" David, Bradens dad, asks.

"I did. He said Braden has S.C.I.D.," Ivy nods.

Braden comments, "Bubble Boy disease."

His dad chuckles, "Braden. He knows that we hate it when he calls it that."

Ivy clarifies, "And he sent you here?"

"Yes, he's out of the country, S-" his mom tells her.

"Right, but patients with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Syndrome are generally advised to steer clear of high-risk infection areas, like a hospital. Without an immune system-" Ivy reminds them.

"We know, even a common cold can be life-threatening," his mom sighs.

"Well, he's on enzyme injections, and they've been working very well. And we were just so worried and-Braden. Face," David chides.

Braden argues, "I'm not picking at it. Just touching it."

Ivy digs in her pocket, "Braden, how long have you had that?"

He shrugs, "This zit? I don't know."

She moves to his side, "I'm just gonna keep an eye on it, okay?" She starts circling it to mark where it was.

"Geez, why not just draw an arrow and the word zit?" Braden grouches.

"Braden! Last night, he got congested, and we thought he might be getting a sinus infection, so we called our doctor," his mother turns to Ivy.

"And he sent you here to get I.V.IG. antibiotics and labs?" Ivy asks the parents, "Great. Let's get him started."

His parents say in unison, "Stop touching your face!"