Changing

Ivy yawns. The twins have been so energetic the past few weeks that between her new title at the hospital, the board, the...grief, she is tired. But of course, her and Jackson have recently started trying for another baby. Two years difference is a good gap to them. Them trying is part of the reason that Ivy is exhausted, but she wouldn't change a thing about her life.

Except. Maybe. Having her brother back.

○○○○
New Years Day

Leaning back in her chair, Ivy sighs. Her phone is blowing up with all of the messages from Luke, asking if she's heard anything about April.

Jackson smiles from the doorway, "Yoi going to answer that?"

"No. It's Luke and I have nothing for him. I can't sit here all day and talk to him. And I know he needs someone but I can't be that someone he talks to. Especially since I'm worried about April. I need to figure out this paperwork and then I need to check on Amy because she's holding back more than I am and I'm worried about her. And I-" Ivy is cutoff by Jackson kissing her.

"Hey, hey. Slow down. Everything will still be here after you take a break. Your burning the candle at both ends and the middle. I know youre super woman, but even you need a break. Take a little walk. Just...take a walk," Jackson suggests, lightly pushing her out the door.

Ivy smiles, "Fine. I'll take a walk."

As she's on her walk, she hears yelling. It sounds like Amelia, so she runs towards it to hear, "-or is ripped from your world without warning, without reason, in convenience stores and plane crashes and podunk hospitals with podunk doctors who don't do what they are supposed to do, which is save people!"

"Amy," Ivy gets her attention, "Take a break."

She then notices Owen. Amelia does to before walking off. Ivy sees all the people looking at her sister. Her voice hard, she speaks up, "Get back to work. Now! You have patients or paperwork to do. Go!"

They scatter, leaving only Webber and Owen to watch Ivy, "We Shepherds know how to handle grief. Its almost in our DNAs. I'll talk to Amy, just..."

"Ivy-" Owen starts.

"No, Owen. I've got to go talk to her. Welcome home," Ivy stops him.

She finds Amelia walking away as fast as she can, "Amy. Amy! Amelia Francis Shepherd! You may not need to talk to me, but I need my sister."

Amelia stops and turns to her, dragging her into an on-call room, "Okay. If you need me, I'm here."

Ivy shakes her head, "I need my sister to feel. I need you to show me that it is okay to fall apart because my prior role model is dead. He's dead and I don't know what to do, so I need my big sister to help me. Please, Amy, I need you," Ivy breaks down, crying into her sisters chest.

"I'm here. Okay, I'm here. Let it out. You need to let it out," Amelia hugs her, falling to the ground with her.

"Derek's dead. My dad is dead. The dad I knew is dead and I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do," Ivy sobs.

○○○○

Ivy sits at home, by herself, looking over paperwork as Jackson took the kids to give Ivy some time to herself. While looking over the hospitals budget, she gets a phone call, "Dr. Ivy Shepherd-Avery."