Help Him

**TRIGGER WARNING: death and shooting**

Ivy stands next to Jackson as a patient is wheeled away in a body bag. One of the woman of their family is sobbing loudly. Jackson is on the phone, drinking coffee, as he looks down at her. They can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone so important. Once he hangs up, he wraps an arm around her shoulders and they head up to the locker room. Not saying a word.

○○○○

Ivy helps Reed look for some supplies when she hears a familiar voice, "Excuse me? Ma'am?"

"Its doctor. What?" Reed asks.

Ivy recognizes the voice and freezes. Its Gary Clark. Thankfully, Ivy is hidden behind one of the shelves.

"I was wondering if you could tell me where I could Dr. Derek Shepherd?" He asks.

"Um, you know, I don't know," she tries to walk past him but he grabs her arm.

Ivy stays hidden, "Can you tell me where his office is? I'm kinda turned around here."

"Sir, you know, I have a patient having seizures in there. Go find a nurse and ask them," she turns again.

"Ma'am."

Reed turns to him, "Look, you're not even suppose to be back here. I'm not a tour guide. I'm a surgeon. Okay?"

Suddenly, he takes out a gun and shoots her, one shot in the forehead. Ivy can't help herself but scream. Gary looks around for the noise and spots her.

"You. You caused this. You killed my wife! You unplugged her. Get out here. Now!" He points the gun at her.

Ivy slowly makes her way out with her hands up, "Sir. Please. I'm sorry. I-I-I had-"

"Enough. My plan was to only shoot three people. Dr. Derek Shepherd, Chief of Surgery, Dr. Richard Webber, the doctor who killed my wife, and you. Dr. Ivy Shepherd, the one who unplugged my wife like it was nothing. I'm going to leave you to suffer."

At that, he let two rounds go, straight into Ivys stomach. Soon, Alex comes walking up.

"Dude, whats-" he is shot once before he could finish.

Mr. Clark looks at the three people lying there, and walks away. Ivy can't move but Alex is able to crawl to the elevator, leaving Ivy there with her dead best friend.

"Help..." she cries out weakly.

○○○○
*April's POV*

I walk down the hallway, writing in my notebook. When I slip and fall to the ground. I get a bloody nose, but then I see blood covering my other hand. I'm covered in it. Then, I look behind me and see Reed. Dead. Bullet wound to the forehead.

"April..." I hear.

Looking over, Ivy is lying in a pool of her own blood. Two wounds to her stomach.

I rush to her, "Ivy! What happened? Who shot you two?"

I grab some padding and hold it over her wounds as she grabs my wrists, "Go find Derek. Hes looking to kill... Derek. Please. Help my brother."

"No, I have to help you first. You-you may bleed out. That can't happen. So stay with me," I plead with her, needing her to be okay.

She shakes her head, "No. Warn him. I will survive. But he needs a warning. I'll be here, just warn him."

I nod, quickly making sure that her wounds have some pressure on them and make my way to Dr. Shepherds office. Covered in my best friends, and his sisters blood.

○○○○
*Derek's POV*

I look at all the paperwork on my desk and sigh. Then, April comes in, covered in blood, "Dr. Kepner."

She is visibly shaking, I make my way over to her, "April, what is it?"

"Did you know I- I grew up on a farm?" She stutters.

"What happened?"

"I, uh, I grew up on a farm, so, you know, blood- blood, doesn't, doesn't bother me. I... I slaughtered a pig once. That was a lot of blood. Bleeding like a stuck pig. You know, thats a- that's a saying. To bleed like a pig, you know, it means something. But you don't- you don't think of people as having that m-much blood. I mean, you learn in med school how many pints we all have in us, but you don't realize it until you see it. You don't get how m- how much blood- and a skinny person. I mean, my God, Reed, she's-- she's- she, like, almost anorexic. She's like five pounds. And Ivy. They are both so small and skinny yet they have so much blood that was in them,"

Ivy? Did something happen to Ivy? That's all I can think about as April rambles.

She keeps rambling as I grab her face to try and get her attention, "April. April. April. April. Shh. You're in shock. It's all right. Tell me what happened."

She's in tears, "Reeds dead. Ivy has two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. Someone shot them."

She cries. But all I can think about is my baby sister, lying somewhere in a pool of her own blood. Suffering. Alone. With her dead best friends body.

I immediately go to the phone to talk to the police and security, "The police are on their way. What's the procedure? You're the head of hospital security. How do you not know? I know it's never happened before. Oh, I found it. Lockdown. Nobody moves in or out. Yeah. Nobody moves, nobody breathes until we know what's going on."

I slam the phone down and turn to April who has now changed scrubs, I notice some blood still on her forehead and wipe it off, "Here. The police are almost here. I'm gonna leave you here. You gonna be okay by yourself?"

She shakes her head, "What about Ivy? I can't just leave her down there! She's my best friend. Plus, you said nobody leaves. Nobody moves, nobody breathes."

She is shaking, "Except me. I'm the Chief. This is my hospital. I will find Ivy, you stay here."

I exit the room, leaving her there, "I'm the chief. The chief who's sister is shot."

○○○○
*Back with Ivy*

She lies there. Looking at Reed. She pushes on her wounds with as much force as she could. All she can think about is her friends. Her family. Is Derek okay? Is Reed? Jackson? Meredith? Mark? She feels herself start to feel dizzy. She makes sure to stay awake, knowing someone would find her, eventually. She just needs to stay awake. She doesn't know how much longer she can stay awake. She sees spots, till eventually, she sees darkness.

○○○○

AN: so... what yall think? It's a little on the shorter side but her seeing Reed die is going to be a big part of her character. Did you like how I did the other character POV? We will see Jacksons next chapter, and see what goes through his mind.

On a different note, what do you think should be Ivy's mcnickname? I have been brainstorming some ideas but I'm not vibing with any of them.

Thanks for your patience and the next chapter should be put tonight!