Burden

Ivy and Jackson walk together in the halls as Bailey walks after them, "Wait. Maggie Pierce is quitting?!"

She shakes her head, "Not if I have a say in it."

Owen joins them, "Averys, tell me I'm not losing another cardio chief."

"You're not losing another carido chief," Ivy tells him as she texts Maggie to find out where she is, "Trust me, I've got this. His mother's already called us twice."

"Its a P.R. nightmare," Jackson complains.

"Shes damn right it is- first Russell, then Yang, now Pierce?" Bailey lists.

"Yang and I busted our-" Owen starts.

Ivy stops them, "Look, I said I've got this. Maybe, just maybe, if more people had been more welcoming to her right off the bat, we wouldn't be struggling to keep cardio surgeons. In other words, get Grey on a leash when it comes to cardio. She's general, she sticks to that."

The others take a step back, "Is everything okay, Ivy?"

She shakes her head, "No, no its not. I can give you list of things that are not okay and this is the cherry on freakin top. Now, I'm gonna go save our cardio department while the rest of you try to make sure this place doesn't burn to the ground," with that, Ivy turns on her heel and storms off.

Bailey and Owen turn to Jackson, "What-what is up with her?"

"Uh, for one, Baileys on the board. Two, her and Pierce have become pretty good friends. Three, the twins are sick so she was up with them all last night. Four, my mother is constantly calling her to get her more involved with the foundation. And lastly, she's had a fight with Derek that she won't tell anyone about," Jackson lists.

○○○○

Ivy enters the lab to hear Maggie say, "That is between me and my employer, Dr. Shepherd."

"I'm so glad I'm one of those employers, so please tell me. Why are you resigning?" Ivy pipes up, moving to stand next to Amelia.

"I'm seeing diminished perfusion to the spine," Maggie ignores her.

A nurse and Amelia lift up the covering, "Roy, wiggle your toes for me, would you, please?"

Nothing. Roy laughs as he says, "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."

Ivy directs, "Wiggle a little harder."

"Let me check his babinski reflex," Amelia does so.

"When the toes fan out, reflexively, what's that indicate?" Maggie asks Wilson.

She answers, "Just what you're afraid of- high spinal injury. Is he paralyzed?"

Maggie tells Amelia, "Try it again."

"S-somthings wrong? I can't feel my legs. What's happening?" Roy asks.

"Roy, its possible that the blood to your spine has been cut off by the graft, but I'm gonna do everything I can to fix it, okay?" Maggie reassures him.

"Okay. Please do. Please."

Maggie nods to a nurse, "I'm gonna give you something to let you sleep."

"Start with trying to induce hypertension. See if we can enhance spinal perfusion."

○○○○