Defend

Ivy is now back at home, sitting on her couch when she gets a call from Callie, "Hey, Sloan came back just in time to give birth."

"No, freaking way! Are you all on your way to the hospital?"

"Yeah and Mark say you better get there soon so you can meet him!"

Ivy laughs, "Hell, I would go even if Mark didn't ask for me. I need to meet the little boy!"

They hang up and Ivy rushes around the apartment. She changes into a new pair of clothes and drives as fast as legally possible to get to the hospital.

○○○○

Ivy walks with Jackson and April to meet Meredith on the bridge but they pass by the legendary Tom Evans.

Jackson does a double take, "Is that Thomas Evans from Baylor?"

"Yes, but don't get too excited. He's only here for one case," Meredith teases him.

April asks, "Oh, are you sure? Because I overheard Chief Shepherd discussing the fact that Dr. Altman doesn't have a permanent contract. So it would actually be a really genius move on the cheifs part to go in and seize that opportunity to-"

"Oh, here we go again," Jackson sighs.

Meredith kind of laughs, "What?"

"Shut up," Ivy and April say together.

Jackson doesn't listen, "She thinks your husband walks on water."

"I don't."

Ivy jokes, "To be fair, I think sometimes HE thinks that so.."

"I don't. I, um... its um a mentor thing. Hes-hes just my mentor. Because hes-hes married... to you. Ivy, help me," April pleads.

Ivy chuckles, looking to Meredith, "What she is trying, and failing, to say, is she is interested in neuro. Derek just happens to be the best neurosurgeon here, even if he's cheif."

April keeps going, "Yeah, and you guys are great, and um, together- together as a married couple, and you-you are so great."

"Okay, we are all going to stop talking now. Jackson, stop trying to embarrass April, you are a grown man. April, calm down," Ivy mothers them.

○○○○

Ivy is standing on the roof, waiting for Derek, Jackson, April, and Meredith. When the doors open, Derek and April run right past her.

"I'm pretty sure they said fish hook, Dr. Shepherd, but if I'm wrong you can spank me," she hears Jackson say.

"I didn't know you were into that Jackson, but I hope you're talking about me," Ivy mocks.

Jackson looks up, eyes wide, "No-no, I would never."

Ivy runs beside him and Meredith, "Oh, thats to bad. I could have shown you a good time."

"Like what?"

She laughs, "No, you would never with me, remember?"

They catch up to Derek and April looking at a patient, "50 year old male, penetrating trauma to the chest. Hypotensive in the field, gotten two liters of L.R. en route."