Suspended

13x09

Ivy stands at the nurses station as DeLuca comes up to her, "OK. I got one from the supply room. Also, why do we keep these, anyways? I mean, who needs an instant photo anymore?"

She sighs, "Because an apartment building just collapsed in the middle of Seattle. Right now, we're getting the victims and survivors, but in 20 minutes. We'll be getting their families who want to know where their loved ones are. If they are okay. The only way to know for sure if their here being treated or buried under the rubble of that building are these photos. I want a photo of every single patient on that board in the next hour. Got it?"

He nods, "Got it."

○○○○

Ivy does a neuro check on a patient in the halls, "Whose patient is this?"

"I've got o-neg!" Edwards walks past her.

○○○○

Finding Owen, they fill each other in, "I've got a depressed skull fracture, is Amy in yet?"

"I don't know."

"Didn't you two come in together?" Ivy asks.

"Ivy, your guess is as good as mine where she is," Owen tells her.

Ivy looks at him, "Is everything okay?"

A patient blocks them, "Hey. I-I got to get home."

She shakes her head, "Sir, you need to lie down."

"My wife is-"

"I understand that, sir. What's your name?" She asks.

"Charlie."

Ivy nods, smiling, "Okay, Charlie, what I need you to do-"

She's cut off by hun splitting blood up all over her. Owen helps him up as Ivy backs away slightly, "Yup. Not the first time I've been spit up on today. Okay, I need an intubation tray and a central line kit. Draw a CVC and a cross-match."

Owen calls out, "You guys open up a trauma room. Riggs, we're gonna need a hand here."

○○○○

Standing with Owen, Ivy looks up as Riggs comes up to them, "Uh, I updated Charlie's wife."

Riggs looks to him, "Charlie's wife? Charlie's married? Our patient Charlie?"

"Whats the matter with you?"

"I just updated Charlie's girlfriend."

Ivy looks between the two women and then back at Riggs and Owen, "This is why I hate men."

○○○○

Stepping out of a patients room, Ivy notices a woman wandering the halls, "Ma'am, can I help you?"

"Uh...I'm looking for my h-husband."

Seeing the picture, she nods, "Okay, right this way," leading the way, as she opens the door explaining, "He's intubated right now, but he was talking earlier according to his chart. He was apparently asking for a priest."