Dealing with Surviving

*Flashback- Ivys been home from hospital a day*

"So, do you need help getting changed? I can get Meredith or April or-" Derek asks.

"-no, I'm fine. I can do it. If I need help, I'll call April. You can go do whatever," Ivy pushes him out.

She lays her head back against the door, cringing in pain near her wounds. She holds a hand against them and  struggled over to the bed. Sitting down, she grabs the tank top off the bed and looks in the mirror.

"Why are you so stubborn? You could have taken the help," she whispers to herself.

Ivy pulls off her current shirt, wincing in pain. After a few minutes of struggling and finally getting it off, she sits back down on the bed. Ivy sighs, pulling on the tank top. Exhausted, she lays down on her new bed in her new room of her new home.

"I miss Reed."

○○○○

Ivy stands next to Jackson as he changes for work, pagers going off.

"Sounds big. I'm betting M.V.C." Jackson tells them.

Alex and Lexie are throughly ignoring each other, "Multiple M.V.C or an apartment fire."

April whispers to Jackson and Ivy, "When is the staring gonna stop?"

"As soon as the novelty wears off. Just ignore them," he directs the last part towards Ivy, who hasn't said a word since entering the locker room.

Ivy shrugs, getting up and heading to Owen as she is on his service today. She feels stares on her back and quickly turns around.

"Yes! I was shot, focus on something else!" She yells, quickly turning around and stomping to trauma.

As she is on here way down, she sees Derek, "Hey Der- oh you smell-"

"Like pee, I know. Meredith left me in jail last night. I would have called you but you didn't answer," Derek says as they walk towards the elevator.

"I was at Cristina and Owens wedding. Plus, it was good for you. Crime and punishment is something that you taught me when I was 19," Ivy chastises him.

Derek glares at her, "Don't patronize me. Get to work."

"Whatever you say Big Brother, love you!" She shouts over her shoulder, heading to the pit.

"Love you too!" Because no matter how mad he is, he will always love his baby sister.

○○○○

She, Jackson, Cristina are on a case with Hunt and Altman. Ivy presents the case, "Linda Cotler, age 51, has been here three times in the last eight years for removal of malignant myxomas from her heart."

"But we won't be doing that again," the patient says.

Altman smiles at her, "No, by removing both atria, and hopefully all the cancerous cells, you won't have to keep coming back here."