Letting It Slip

Ivy and Jackson sit at the dinner table with their kids and Catherine and Richard. Ivy looks to Jackson, telling him to start, "Mom, Richard. We have some news."

Catherine sets down her wine glass, "Is everything alright?"

Jackson nods, "Yes, everything is fine. Better than fine."

"I'm pregnant," Ivy tells them.

"Oh," Catherine has tears in her eyes, "My baby's having another baby."

She stands up, holding her arms out for a hug. Jackson stands to accept it but Catherine instead gives it to Ivy.

"I see, ignore your own son. I get it," he jokes.

"Hush it. How far along are you, my dear?" She ignores her son, sitting down with Ivy.

"Only a couple months..." as they continue to talk, Webber moves over to Jackson.

"A third one? Are you ready for that?" He asks his son in law.

Jackson nods, "Yeah. We've been trying for a while and are so happy. After the past year...well, I'm just glad to see her happy."

Webber nods to the twins, "Have you told them yet?"

He shakes his head, "No. We're waiting for an ultrasound. There we will show them the baby and explain what is happening."

"Have you two considered...the possibility, that it's multiples again?" Webber asks.

"Yes. And if they are, well, we'll be relying on Nan and gramps a little more," Jackson claps him on the back.

○○○○

Ivy flips through a med journal with Amelia and Maggie as Webber and Callie come in, "-The resident rotation system. I mean, make sure that our residents get an equal opportunity on every specialty."

Webber asks, "Isn't that happening?"

Callie avoids it, "Well, there's a danger that our residents are being monopolized by a single attending."

"Shes talking about Blake," Amelia points out.

"You know what? This is not you busi-" Callie starts.

"Isn't Blake with Grey?" Webber crosses his arms.

She nods, "Yes, and she has been since she got here."

Ivy pipes up, "No, she hasn't."

They all turn to look at her as she flips through the book. After a beat, she looks up, "I've taken her on my trauma and ortho service a few times. Hell, she worked a shift with me two days ago as you've spent so much time worrying about her, you've neglected some surgeries that I've had to take over. Here's an idea, be here doing more surgeries, that way you won't be away from her as much."

"Okay, that is not what this is about," Callie scoffs.

"You're right. Okay. Has Penny said there was a problem?" Recieving no response, Ivy nods, "Hospital policy, that you had a hand in writing, says that residents don't be moved around unless they are concerned about their education and they bring it up. Stop worrying about your new girlfriend and worry about your patients or hell, even your daughter," Ivy snaps, dragging Maggie with her out of the room.

"Wow. That...was intense," Maggie sighs.

Ivy nods, "I know. Was I too much?"