Prone to Anger

Ivy lays her head against the bathtub as Jackson grabs her a cup of water, "You know, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been sick in my life. Then you go and get me pregnant and I'm throwing up all the damn time."

Jackson sighs, "I'm sorry. Drink this and let's go to work."

"Drink this so we can go to work. I don't wanna," Ivy mocks him.

"Okay, you're only like three months into your pregnanc-"

"I know that. Wait, I still need to talk to Arizona. Okay, let's go," she stands before resting her head on his chest.

He smoothes down her hair and kisses the top of her head, "Hey. If you're not a hundred percent, you can stay home. The hospital may burn down, but you deserve the rest and time off. Plus, you don't need to get involved in Arizona and Callies relationship."

Ivy giggles, "Yes, I do. She cheated on my mentor. I'm not going to just standby. Plus, Callie would have my back if you ever cheated on me. And no, I don't need the day off but that's sweet of you to offer. Let me brush my teeth and we can go."

"I would never cheat on you. And hurry please, cause I want a kiss but you were just throwing up..."

"Hey, blame your kid for the throwing up. And you better not cause Derek would kill you."

○○○○

Ivy and Jackson walk up to April staring at her phone, "Um, Apes? You all right?"

"Yeah," April tells them before Ivy gives her the mom look that she's already perfected, "No, I-no. I haven't heard yet. About my boards."

"Hey, don't freak out. You passed, we spent hours studying together, making sure that you passed," Ivy reassures her friend.

She nods, "Yeah, well, I hope."

Ivy shakes her head, "Come on. Be sure of yourself. Now, we have Murphy today and I have no filter lately, so you're going to have to play referee."

April laughs, "I know. But hey, at least everyone knows now."

After they told Catherine and Webber woke up, Jackson and Ivy shared with the rest of their friends and family that they were engaged and expecting. Derek was the happiest. He was crying and laughing but Ivy was sure some of it was sleep deprivation.

"Coming through!" They hear paramedics yell as Jackson walks off with Stephanie to their patient.

"What do we got?"

"Human pincushion," Murphy smiles.

Ivy glares at her, "Stick to medical facts. Not nicknames."

The paramedic smiles at Ivy before telling her, "Kathleen Kane, 38. Woman versus shattered baseball bat. Puncture wounds to the chest and what looks like a distal radius fracture. B.P. 85 palp, pressure 135."

The man that came with Kathleen told them, "The batter was jammed with a fastball, and-and the bat, it just exploded, you know?"

"My jerseys really messed up," Kathleen notices.

"Don't worry about that, baby," The man tells her.

Ivy smiles at them before looking at the staff, "Okay, everyone. Ready? On my count. One, two, three."

They quickly lift and move her before the man steps forward, "I'm here. I'm right here, okay?"