TB

Ivy, Meredith and Amelia watch Maggie sit at her mothers grave, "I still don't get it. Why did Diane want to be buried here? She's not from here. It's weird."

Meredith answers Amelia, "Maybe so she could be close, so Maggie could do this."

"Whats this? I mean, what does she get out of it?" Amelia asks.

"Don't ask me."

"You know, Mark is a couple hundred yards that way," Ivy looks to the left.

Amelia looks at her sister, "Really? Not New York?"

Ivy shakes her head, "The people he cared about were here. Me, Derek, Jackson, Callie, Sofia, Arizona. And Lexie was buried here. Man, I haven't visited in a long time."

"Well, I guess Maggie's way is better than the way I did grief," Amelia comments.

"Which time?" Meredith and Ivy asks at the same time.

"The time with the oxy binges," she says.

"I get committed to psych."

Meredith sighs, "I go a little dark and twisty, but then I come back."

Ivy snorts, "A little dark and twisty? You disappeared."

Amelia adds, "You had a secret baby."

"Please don't refer to your niece as my secret baby," Meredith smiles, "I mean, maybe this is what grief looks like when you've lived a whole, healthy life. You know, before anything terrible happens."

"Like watching your father get murdered when you're five?"

"Or like watching your mother bleed out on the kitchen floor."

"Or like being emotionally and mentally abused by your mother for over a decade."

Amelia looks between Meredith and Ivy, "We're all more alike than we realize."

They smile as Maggie comes back to them, "Come on. We don't want to be late."

Ivy asks, "Ready for your first day back at work?"

"So ready."

"Shes like me in that way at least," Ivy smiles.

○○○○

Ivy works on picking glass from a man's leg when Edwards comes up to her, "Uh, hey, general consult?"

She nods, "Abdominal pain, bed three."

"Okay," she pulls back the curtain to reveal Cross, "Good morning. Cross, you can't sleep here."

"I'm not sleeping. I'm your patient," he groans.

"For real?" She turns to Ivy, "For real?"

Ivy smirks, "As Dr. Minnick would say, this one's all your, Edwards. Enjoy."

○○○○

Jackson and Ivy join Meredith and Owen for lunch, "I mean, so Maggie's doing fetal surgery. So what? I mean, she's jumping back in. Whats the big deal?"

Owen suggests, "Well, maybe Maggie should wade back in with a, you know, a valve replacement or-"

Jackson interrupts, "Oh, Maggie's back?"

"Yeah, that's where I was this morning."

"Oh, yeah. How's she doing?"