Nights with the Twins

*Week After Last Part*

Ivy lays in bed, staring at the ceiling. She feels Jacksons arm around her waist as she looks over to the clock. 2:14 am. Right as the clock changes to 2:15, the twins start crying. It's been the same all week. Now they are hungry and Ivy has to go feed them then at 4:30, Jackson will get up with them and change them.

She makes her way to the nursery, picking Alexus up first, "I know, I know. You two are hungry. Don't worry, Chris, I'll get to you soon. Alexus is first this time. You two are learning how to take turns young aren't you? You're just my precious little girl. Yeah, but you're daddy's princess, you already have him wrapped around your little finger. Here's a secret, he wouldn't change a thing about it."

Alexus is basically asleep by now, so Ivy puts her back in her crib and grabs Christopher, "Oh, little Chris. You're my boy. My mommas boy. You know, your middle name is after one of my brothers, Mark. He would have loved you and your sister. I see some of him in you, and I-I know it's impossible, I mean, I'm not actually related to him but he's in you. Your gonna be a heartbreaker just like him."

Ivy puts him back into his crib before yawning and walking back to her and Jacksons room. She finds Jackson awake, "Hey, we're you with the twins?"

"Yeah, 2:15 feeding. They're so tiny and adorable and I love them but I also love sleep. I feel like-like I'm an intern again. Competing with you and April and Reed and Charles for surgeries-" Ivy snuggles close to him.

"You usually winning," he kisses the top of her head.

"Of course. Us Shepherds are competitive people, you can't expect anything less than the best," Ivy smirks.

Jackson nods, "I know. That's one of the things I love about you. Only two more weeks until we're married. Then you'll be Dr. Ivy Shepherd-Avery."

Ivy giggles, "God, I can't wait. April has my dress and I'm supposed to meet with her this afternoon for one last fitting. Are you staying home with the twins or am I taking them with me?"

He stretches out, running a thumb over her c-section scar, "Would you be okay taking them with you? I was gonna stop by the hospital and grab some of the paperwork we need to go over before the next board meeting and check over some patients."

"Yeah, I can take them. As long as you don't let yourself be pulled into a trauma. You should get some sleep, they will be up, demanding your attention soon..." Ivy drifts off to sleep.

"I know but I've found-" he's cut off by her soft snores, "Goodnight, love," Jackson presses a kiss to her forehead before relaxing on the bed.

○○○○
*Jackson's POV*

I hear the tell-tale sign of my twins starting to cry. Carefully, I sneak out from under Ivy and into the nursery. I see Alexus, my little angel, is the calmest so I pick Christopher up first.

"Well, hello my little man. I know, I know, I'm not mommy. You're such a mommas boy already and you're only a week old. That doesn't suprise me cause your mommas the best," Christopher makes some happy noises as I change his diaper, "Yeah, you already know that. You've learned that this week. I love your mom so much and she loves us just as much. Aren't we lucky? Yes we are," I pick him up and cradle him.

I rock him back and forth a little before Alexus starts crying. I kiss Christopher's head and set him back into his crib, "I'm coming, Allie. Yeah, my little Alexus. You know, I've always wanted a little princess. Someone I could spoil and love and protect. But I've also wanted a son. Now I've got the best of both worlds. You and your brother and your mom are the best things that have ever happened to me. I'm lucky, I can spoil you all with no worries and I'm sure grandma Catherine will give you each a present whenever she sees you. Don't worry, she'll always be nosy about your lives."

I rock her for a few moments before I decide it's time to head back to bed. Ivy lays there, cuddled into my pillow when I get back. I chuckle before moving the pillow out of her hold and taking its place.

○○○○
*Original POV*

Ivy parks the car in front of April's apartment and looks back at the twins, "Are we ready to go see Aunt April? Well, judging from the redhead running at us, Aunt April is excited to see you two."

April rushes to the car and opens the back door to find Christopher, "Why hello! Oh, you're such a precious little boy."

"Hi April. Remember me? I'm Ivy, you're best friend. I'm more than just the taxi service that brings you babies," Ivy smirks at her, grabbing Alexus to follow April to her apartment.

"I know that, silly. I'm just so excited to see the twins! Are they bigger? They look bigger from when I last saw them," April exclaims.

"I told Jackson they were bigger! He said I was imaging it but if you see it too then I'm not crazy," Ivy smiles down at the twins.

April opens her door to show a couple of seamstresses, "They are definitely bigger. Now, you get fitted for your wedding and I'll watch these beautiful babies, okay?"

Ivy laughs, "Yes, ma'am. If they get hungry, just come get me. There are diapers and multiple changes of clothes in the diaper bags, the twins hate-"

She is interrupted by April, "Ivy, Ivy, Ivy, turn off your mothering for a second and go get your wedding dress on. The twins are fine with me. I'm their godmother for God's sake, I can take care of them for a few minutes. We'll be right here, go."

"Fine. They better be fine when I get back out here," Ivy warns before going back and changing.

Her wedding dress is perfect. It just needs to be taken in a little around the waist and out a little around the breasts but otherwise perfect. She picked it out with April and Catherine and then her mom and sisters over FaceTime. Catherine deemed it perfect for a future Avery queen.

Ivy does a small spin out into the living room, causing the twins to let out little noises of happiness in April's arms. They all laugh at the twins as Ivy goes over and tickles their bellies.

She couldn't be happier. She's getting married to the love of her life, she has the best friends and family ever, her wedding dress is beautiful and her kids are the best. Life is truly amazing.

○○○○

AN: small cute Javy family moments plus prepping for the wedding.

So Sister, Sister is 1 in #derekshepherd!! Holy crap that's amazing

The picture of the dress is the image at the top!

QoC: what is something that you want to happen at the wedding?

Thank you for all the reads and votes and comments!!