Busy Day

Ivy yawns as her and Owen talk with the maintenance workers, "Make sure that's covered and make sure..."

April walks over to them, "What is all this?"

"Weather report says a massive storm is coming. Hurricane force winds and heavy rain. They say it's three days out," Owen tells her as Ivy drinks the coffee Jackson brought her.

"So we have time to prepare,then," April remarks.

"Exactly. So, we need to overstock the E.R. with supplies and blood products. We need to get ready for double capacity intakes. Extra beds and gurneys in the hallways," Ivy guides her.

○○○○

Owen and Ivy stand on the stairs, addressing the rest of the surgeons, "This storm will bring in a lot of casualties. We're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be."

"Post-op and long term patients are gonna be transferred further inland to Seattle Pres. We're bringing in supplements- water, food, media, lighting," Ivy takes over.

"We're gonna be checking and refueling the backup generators. As for you surgeons," Owen nods to Ivy.

"Push, postpone, or cancel all elective procedures until after this storm. There will be a list of available surgeons...most importantly, we're gonna need to print hard copies of all computerized patient charts in case of a power loss," Ivy continues.

Jackson interrupts her, "All of them? Do we have time to-"

Bailey then interrupts him, "I'll do that."

Ivy smiles as Owen nods, "Bailey, it's good to have you back. I'll put you on the O.R. rotation."

"Uh, I mean I'll do the charts," she nods before walking away.

"Everyone, they're saying that this is going to be a bad one, but we have a maximum of three days to prepare. Let's do it and be ready when the storm hits. Dr. Hunt and I are available for any questions. Thank you," Ivy steps down.

Jackson messages the back of her neck, "You okay? You've been feeling unwell the past few weeks or so and this storm is-"

Ivy smiles before quickly pecking his lips, "I am fine. This is a little stressful but it's also what I'm made for."

○○○○

Ivy quickly walked through the halls with April and Murphy following her, "Clear the hallway for cots, people will come looking for shelter."

"How bad is this supposed to be?"

"All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. What do we got?" Ivy asks the paramedic.

"30 year old construction worker. Wind blew him off a building. Fell four stories to impale himself on three bars of standing rebars. Vitals are stable. Minimal blood loss on the scene. Maintaining airway," the paramedic told Ivy, who was looking over the patient.

"Okay, let's go."

As they start pushing the gurney in, Murphy pleads behind Ivy, "Let his name be Bob. Please let his name be Bob."

April asks her, "Why?"

Murphy turns to her, "Shishka-bob."