Patient Wedding

Ivy and Jackson greet Catherine as she gets off the elevator, "Hello, Catherine."

Catherine quickly hugs Ivy before checking over Jackson, he nods, "Yeah, I know. I'm fine. Hey, look. I need to run to my nec fasc surgery. He's in cardiogenic shock."

"No," she gasps.

"Bailey feels like there's likely some internal necrosis. So, she took him up to the O.R.," Ivy told her future mother in law.

"With this kind of cardiac compromise?" Catherine looks over the chart Ivy handed her.

Ivy nods, "Yeah, and she- she- Catherine?"

The couple follow Catherine as she storms off, "Mom?" But before Ivy could really follow her, she got paged to the pit.

○○○○

"Hey, I think we should tell your mother tonight, you know, give her something nice to think- why do you have that look on your face?" Ivy asks Jackson as he comes up to her at the E.R. desk.

"Heather Brooks died less than 20 minutes ago. Interns are having the rest of the night off," as soon as he tells her, she feels tears welling up in her eyes.

Ivy quickly wipes under her eyes,cl "Why am I crying? I wasn't even close with her? Give me something else to focus on, please."

Jackson wraps her in his arms, "You're crying because you care. And probably the hormones of being pregnant."

She hits his chest, "Don't antagonize me. I'm carrying your child. And seriously, give me something else to focus on. Cause if you don't, I'm going to go mother all of those interns and we are too busy for me to go crying and mothering them so give me something to do!"

He holds up his hands in surrender, "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Um, I got a woman with necrotizing fasciitis, you want to scrub in?"

"Yes. Yes, a surgery is exactly what I need. Okay, where is she?" Ivy nods, tying her hair up.

"Already on the table and the anesthesiologists is lighting her up. Come on, let's go," he grabs her hand and starts leading her to the O.R.

On their way up, they see Edwards crying in the hall. Ivy and Jackson share a look before he nods at her to go. He heads up to the O.R. as Ivy wraps her arms around the intern. Stephanie turns her head into Ivys chest, "Hey, I got you. Let it out, I know, this hurts, trust me, I know."

Ivy bows her head as she remembers after she woke up from her coma.

*flashback*

Ivy sits up and looks around. Jackson lifts his head up from the bed, "Hey, look who's finally awake. They told me you woke up earlier. Sorry I wasn't here. I was-I was talking with Ch-Charles' mom."

"Ch-Charlie too? No, no, no. First, Re-Re-Reed, now Ch-Charlie?" Ivy cries, feeling her throat close up.

"I know. I'm so sorry."

She sniffles, "Can-can I talk to-to Mrs. Percy? A-and Mrs. Adamson? I-I-I want to apologize. Especially si-since this is pa-partly my-my fault."

Jackson shakes his head, "This is not your fault. You hear me? You did not bring a gun to a hospital. You did not pull the trigger."

She shouts, "I may as well have! I pulled the plug on his wife. I stood there and did nothing when he put a bu-bullet through Re-Reeds forehead. I-I need to apologize."