Chapter 67. Conference

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          We open today to see (Y/n) sitting in the common space of the dorms. The time is 6:30am. His purpose for waiting in the common space is to leave with the Work Study students for the conference. He is dressed in the U.A. uniform the school had given him. He wouldn't be waiting for long as Midoriya showed up before the others.

          "Oh, hey (Y/n). You ready?" the greenette asked.

          "Yeah. Mind filling me in on the details I missed yesterday?" (Y/n) asks.

          "Oh, we established yesterday that we'd let the pros fill you in when we get there." Midoriya answered.

          "I see. Then, would you mind telling me who suggested I be brought into the equation? I doubt any of the pros would have suggested it themselves, even if they ended up agreeing to it." (Y/n) asked, his thought process sound and resolute.

          "Oh, that was the few of us from class A. Uraraka, Tsu, Kirishima, and I thought about it. You know, I wasn't lying when I said all those things about how amazing your quirk is last night. You may end up being super important on this mission." Midoriya explained, looking at (Y/n) with a look that seemed serious.

          "Ok. How does that lead to pros agreeing to it?" (Y/n) asked.

          "Well, originally the pros were all against it, but then Togata from the Big 3 spoke up and somehow managed to convince Lady Night Eye, although I get the feeling she'll still judge you pretty harshly. Fat Gum was pretty easygoing about it all." Midoriya explained.

          "Well, ok then. I guess it's nice to know you think so highly of me. Although, don't mistake this as me trying to be a hero. It's way too late for that." (Y/n) returned.

          The conversation was interrupted by Ururaka, Kirishima, and Asui showing up all at the same time.

          "Then, why did you agree?" Ururaka asked, as she turned a corner.

          "Sorry, we overheard what you guys were saying." Kirishima explained.

          "You can't say you're not curious, though. We all want to know why you agreed to help." Asui chimed in, a croak leaving her throat after.

          They all looked at (Y/n) expectantly, hoping they'd get an answer from him. And they did.

          "People suffer everyday. And I don't mean the regular people that think they have it bad. I'm not so arrogant as to believe I'm the only one that's been hurt in this lifetime. That much is inevitable. I'm not someone who can change that. Hopefully, you'll all become the heroes that can, but I can't. That being said, if I'm given the chance to try and stop someone from suffering like I did, and I refuse, how am I any better than the people that hurt me when I wasn't able to help myself?" (Y/n) explained, his voice sounding almost melancholic.

          This was (Y/n)'s honest answer. Truth be told, (Y/n)'s views on the matter are relatively simple. He wants to see the world change sure, but he knows he's not someone capable of that. No one would listen to him. That's why, rather than trying to make a turnaround with his life and waste his time trying to solve all the world's problems, he's remains resolute on the idea that he is a villain. Not only did it take the villains to save him, but it was expressly the people he should have felt safe around that he didn't.

          "I never thought about it like that. From your perspective, I mean. Actually, I think that's a really cool answer." Uraraka commented, beaming a smile at (Y/n).