Chapter 44. Explanation

Notice: The following chapter contains mentions of what could be a very triggering topic. Please continue at your own discretion.

          Previously On "Man Made"

          "Hey. I've got something to say." Hitomi Shinsou finally spoke up.

---

          "Honestly, (Y/n). Ya really underestimated them. That's ok. It looks like one of them's out. I'll finish this for ya. And I won't hurt blondie over there." (Y/n) spoke out giddily.

          "What's wrong with him? He's different. It's scary." Daichi thought to herself, eyes widening and breath quickening under the overpowering aura of whatever (Y/n) had become.

---

          "With Recovery Girl. These 2 woke up when we shook them a little, but (Y/n) wouldn't wake up. He's still breathing, but he's unconscious." Aizawa answered.

---

          "I'm sure you both noticed it too. I was sure (Y/n) was out after that attack, but he got back up and was completely different. He seemed giddy and playful, yet protective. Almost like he was playing with a child while babysitting." Vlad Queen started.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          After being hit by the powerful shock from Daichi's attack, (Y/n) was knocked unconscious. As a result, he has found himself in Contrast's room. At first, he was alone in the room, so he sat at the table and watched through the orb, seeing Contrast neck chop Daichi. Then the orb disappeared, as Contrast walked in from the door to reality.

          "Heya, Kiddo! It's been a long time. Ya miss me?" Contrast asked teasingly as he took his seat.

          "Not particularly." (Y/n) answered bluntly.

          "So mean! You'll hurt my feelings." Contrast returned sarcastically, a playful pout adorning his features.

          All (Y/n) could do was deadpan.

          "Anyway, seeing as you're here, I think it's time you get more." Contrast said, although he seemed withdrawn.

          "Ok. Let's go." (Y/n) said, standing up and holding his hand out.

          However, Contrast was hesitant. It seemed like, he didn't want to give (Y/n) these memories. But, he knew he had to.

          "What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked, noticing Contrast's hesitation.

          "This is going to be a big one. It'll cover almost the rest of me in your colors. The only part of me left would be my sclera." Contrast said, concerned for (Y/n)'s well being.

          "That bad, huh? Don't worry. I can take it. I'm a lot stronger than when I was a kid." (Y/n) reassured.

          "I know. I just worry. After all, one of us has to." Contrast said. It seemed as though he was holding back what would be tears.

          Afterwards, The copy stood up, sighed, and took (Y/n)'s hand. When he did, once again the color invading his body expanded and covered more of him. Contrast now looked almost like a perfect copy of (Y/n), save for the sclera of his eyes. In addition, memories flew into (Y/n)'s mind.

*Flashback*

          We see a young (Y/n), 9 years old. Currently, he is tied down to a table in the basement of one of his mother's friend's house, stark naked except for the blindfold that covered his eyes and the gag in his mouth. All the boy could do was wait in the darkness, cold and unaware of what was to come. His attention was caught by the sound of the basement door opening, followed by multiple pairs of footsteps going down the stairs. 4 to be exact.