Chapter 69. Spinner

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following L.O.V.

          We open today to the sight of most of the League gathered in a makeshift hideout. It's a largely empty place, as they had been on the move recently and had no definitive place to call a hideout. All are present except for Toga and Twice, who were sent to greet the Shie Hassaikai, and Kurogiri who is currently being kept in prison. The people gathered also included Shade, short term mentor of Nadir and newest member of the League.

          "Alright, Shigaraki, why did you ask us all to meet up here?" Dabi asked, mildly annoyed as she had hoped to do other things today.

          "I figured that'd have been obvious. We're planning how to get Nadir back." Shigaraki answered, her raspy voice carrying a bit in the almost empty room.

          Her words caused the members of the league to perk up with interest. They had been aware that Shigaraki had been planning a means to get the young villain back from the clutches of U.A., who they knew had him from news reports and heat the school was getting for allowing a villain into their walls, later confirmed by Toga when they met at the License Exam. All present members of the League gave their attention to Shigaraki.

          "What's the plan, Shigaraki?" Spinner asked with a hopeful glint in her eye.

          "Well, I have a loose idea. Put simply, we just have to coordinate our offense to be on the same day as the raid they'll be doing on the Hassaikai, but I'm in no rush to lose anyone else in this, so we're going to get as much figured out as we can today." Shigaraki explained.

          "In theory, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Work Studies are generally reserved for 3rd years, so we'd probably still have to deal with a lot of painful thorns in the side. Last time you caught 1A off guard and succeeded in capturing your target, but this time you'd be hitting them on their turf, with a lot more pros around." Shade pitched, deciding she would probably have to be the voice of reason in the group.

          Not much could be said to combat these truths. The raid on the training camp was largely successful because it was unexpected, and all of the students had separated themselves. If you were to take the current League and all 20 students of U.A. and have them fight all at the same time, U.A. would take some heavy losses, but the League would probably lose in the end. In this instance, they would have to fight the whole of the hero course, as well as all pros present.

          Of all the members, the one who interpreted this the worst was Spinner. (Y/n) had a special place in Spinner's heart. Not as a romantic interest, but as something more akin to a sibling. In this world where quirks are everything, it's not uncommon for anthropomorphic quirks or quirks that make you look different to be ostracized. But (Y/n) was not only willing to accept that she looks different he actively made it a point that it doesn't make her any less of a person.

*Flash Back*

          The scene before us is of Nadir and Spinner in civilian attire. Kurogiri had asked them to pick up some ingredients for something she would be making later that night. They are walking the streets of the city, not wearing masks as their identities had not yet been revealed to the public. Despite this fact, Spinner made sure that she always kept the hood of her jacket up, trying to not show too many features. Unfortunately, the day is abnormally hot for the time of year, and despite having the features of a gecko, she was not cold blooded.

          "I know you have to be hot under there." (Y/n) commented, worried about her potentially passing out.

          "I'll be fine." the young villainess argued, more than aware she didn't sound convincing.