Chapter 28. Defeat

Previously On "Man Made"

          "I've heard these words before. From your master. Just like against her, those words are meaningless." All For One calmly spoke, shaking off the pain and enraging All Might.

---

          The League Member were about to attack and stop her, but were too slow. Katsumi unleashed a huge explosion, as big as the one she used in the Sports Festival. The resulting explosion launched her forward. Soot was kicked up and most member were able to cover their eyes. Unfortunately, as he was about to attack, (Y/n) eyes remained uncovered, meaning soot filled them.

---

          "Oh. Pardon my laughter. It's just, I didn't do a thing to (Y/n). I simply put the offer out when he needed it most. He took it." All For One commented.

---

          "...is Nana Shimura's granddaughter." All For One finished, the information causing All Might's eyes to widen.

---

          When the dust setteled, there on live TV was the deflated All Might, mouth agape and eyes widened in surprise.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          While All For One and All Might were having their encounter, (Y/n) was being attacked by Gran Torino. She was using her quirk, Jet to attack (Y/n) rapidly from many angles. (Y/n)'s eyes were still covered in soot, so he was unable to react.

          "I can't see! Agh!" (Y/n) exclaimed as he was struck in the face.

          "Might not be very noble, but I'll take advantage of your problem. There's no escape this time." Gran Torino said, as she approached (Y/n) for another attack.

          She hit him in the back, and was going for another attack, but (Y/n) had an idea.

          "This is gonna hurt." (Y/n) rationalized in his mind as he opened his eyes, immediately feeling the stinging.

          Quickly, he swapped the soot that laced his eyes, with the air a few feet in front of him. Suddenly, the his sight came back to him and he had to blink a few times. This sudden transition allowed Gran Torino to get one more hit in.

          "Finally, I can see again." thought (Y/n), noticing the yellow blur that kept zooming around him.

          When the pro heroine went to attack him again, but he reacted. He was able to just barely dodge the attack.

          "Hmm? So you can move again? Guess I'll be serious then." Gran Torino said as she increased her speed.

          After that she released another onslaught. While each attack was relatively small, they were starting to stack.

          "Damn! I have to be faster!" (Y/n) thought as he was hit.

          "Faster!" he thought, being hit again and again.

          "Faster!" (Y/n) exclaimed, trying to dodge and being hit in the stomach.

          "Even Faster!" (Y/n) shouted now, trying and failing to dodge.

          Gran Torino charged in once more, set on finishing this. However, she hadn't noticed that Nadir's eyes had dulled.

          "You lose, kid." Gran Torino said as she rushed in for another attack.