Chapter 33. Control

Previously On "Man Made"

          By the time he got out of his room it was 7:15. Walking to the kitchen, he placed 2 pieces of bread in the toaster. While it was toasting, he heard people coming down the hall to the living room.

---

          Without waiting for a response, (Y/n) get's up, cleans his plate, and walks out the door. He begins making his way to the classroom. He gets about 20 feet from the door before he hears it open and close again, followed by someone jogging to catch up to him. Turning to face said person, he sees Daichi, now beside him.

---

          Looking inside it, (Y/n) saw a replica of his villain suit. The only differences being the half mask's design being black to match the rest of the suit. Also along the suit and mask, there were a few white decals along the suit. Putting on the costume, (Y/n) noticed the mask had a much better respirator than his previous one and that the material of the suit was a little denser.

---

          "Hey Ectoplasm! There's something I want to try. Can we spar?" (Y/) requested after getting the attention of the pro heroine.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          We open to Gym Gamma, where (Y/n) is across from an Ectoplasm clone. The ambient sounds of students training fill the area.

          "What I want to try is difficult to explain with words. Can I just try it instead?" (Y/n) asked Ectoplasm.

          "*sigh* That's fine, but if something happens, I'm shutting you down. Tell me when you're ready." the clone said.

          "Sweet!" (Y/n) exclaimed, before he calmed his breathing.

          "I've gotta be careful while doing this. One mistake and Contrast could take over. As much as it pains me to admit it, I got this idea from my little incident wit (M/n)." (Y/n) thought to himself, increasing his focus.

          Focusing his breathing, he closed his eyes. He slowly found his center.

          "Those meditation lessons really paid off. This is so similar to those. Thank you, Shade." (Y/n) thought to himself, recalling the lessons Shade gave him.

          After collecting himself, he opened his eyes. He let out a deep breath. Then his eyes started dulling, something Ectoplasm noticed. Looking down, (Y/n) slowly moved his fingers.

          "It worked! I'm in control!" (Y/n) thought to himself.

          "What just happened to (Y/n)?" Ectoplasm thought to herself.

          "Nadir: Contrast Control!" (Y/n) excitedly thought to himself, thrilled it worked.

          "Alright Ectoplasm, I'm ready!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

          "Good. I won't hold back." Ectoplasm declared, rushing forward.

          When she closed the distance, the pro heroine threw a kick towards (Y/n). However, he performed a back bend, allowing him to quickly dodged. Then, while he was bent, he kicked his feet into the air and kicked Ectoplasm in the chin. The force threw the pro heroine back a few feet.

          "Damn. That was harder than I thought it would be. I was trying to hold back." (Y/n) exclaimed aloud, thinking about what just happened.