Chapter 56. It's Been A While

Important thing to note. I don't know how many of you read the manga, but we know things about Kurogiri's backstory. For the pretense of this story, which was started before that was revealed, I will be using my own.

          Previously On "Man Made"

          Both of them smirked. Despite their mutual hate for each other, they were both enjoying themselves. Neither of them had any doubt about winning. Once again they charged at each other. One thing was for sure to both of them. This was not a battle between students. This was not a battle between Hero and Villain. This fierce battle was (Y/n) VS Kastumi.

---

          They all put their eyes on the match. It seemed as though both combatants were closely matched, but it became apparent soon enough that (Y/n) was slowly pulling ahead. During their quick burst of attacks, they would both be hit hard, but slowly (Y/n) was winning more and more.

---

          "Damn it! How?! How Can You Be So Strong?! You're Just Some Fucking Male! You Should Be Behind Me! How Is It You Passed Me So Easily?! Even Now, You're Moving Forward! I Must Be A Fucking Weakling!" Katsumi raged her confusion, her own inferiority complex coming into full bloom.

---

         "AAAAAAAHHH!!!" They both roared as they approached each other, both drawing their right arms back.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          We open to the scene of (Y/n) doing his morning routine. He had awoken a little while ago and started. It was a Saturday. It was also the day with which (Y/n) would be having his meeting with Kurogiri. Before that, however, (Y/n) was recalling his fight with Katsumi.

          "I did it. I beat her. But, for sure, something is different. It first happened against Midnight. Not for nearly as long, but everything slowed down. I could see everything so clearly. Then, it happened again. I don't know what it is, but if I can replicate that, I'll become much stronger." (Y/n) thought to himself as he methodically raised and lowered himself.

          "Now, how to do that? I've only ever done it in heat of the moment experiences, so I don't know how it works or how to use it. I'll have to think about it later." (Y/n) realized as he was changing his exercise.

          Putting off his thoughts, he continued his morning routine. When he had finished, he cleaned himself off, brushed his teeth, got dressed, and got ready to head downstairs. He was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. When he was finished getting ready, he made his way to the common space. Waiting for him was a room empty of people except for Aizawa who was waiting for him.

          "You're here early. Kurogiri won't be getting here for roughly 15 minutes." Aizawa announced.

          "I know. I just couldn't wait." (Y/n) responded with a small smile.

          "She must mean a lot to you." Aizawa commented.

          "You could say that. She's definitely the member of the league I was the closest too. I cared about everyone in the league, but she was the one who did the most for me. She gave me something I'd never had before." (Y/n) explained.

          "I see. Anyway, you remember the rules?" Aizawa asked.

          "I do. Her and I both will have on our quirk cancelers. Anything said will be monitored. You, Detective Tsukauchi, and Hound Dog will be here with us. No one else is permitted to listen without express permission. If anything suspicious happens, you'll shut it down immediately." (Y/n) recited.