Chapter 20. Dream

Previously On "Man Made"

          "I see you're here (Y/n). I hope you're ready." All For One said, initiating the encounter.

---

          "HAHA! It worked! I swapped the knife with the air beside your arm. The force was still applied to the knife so it still flew forward into your arm." (Y/n) stated proudly.

---

          At a speed (Y/n) couldn't perceive, All For One shot a blast of air that smashed (Y/n) against the wall. The impact knocked the wind out of him. However, rather than be unconscious, he stood up.

---

          "Oh. you're still conscious. Wait, what's wrong with you?" All for One asked, as she saw the color in his eyes had become dull.

---

          While they were having this conversation, (Y/n) began to dream. He found himself in the same room as before with the same negative image of himself as before. 

          "Yo! Long time no see!" the negative exclaimed.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          Realizing he's dreaming again, (Y/n) takes a seat across from the negative image of himself. Taking notice of the room, he saw all the same features as before. Deciding not to take in all the little details, he addressed the man across from him.

          "What is this place? I've been here before. You introduced yourself, but not all of my questions were answered." (Y/n) spoke, directing his attention towards his negative image.

          "Don't worry. All your questions will be answered, but first, you should know why you're here. When you fought All For One, at the end, she attacked you leaving you breathless. Simply put, I took over to ensure no further damage came. Every time I have control, you will come to this room. Also, I'm gonna need a name." the copy stated.

          "I see. Personally, I don't care what you want to be called. I'll just refer to you as Contrast." (Y/n) said.

          "Contrast it is. Now you have questions?" the now named Contrast asked.

          "Yeah, firstly what is this place?" (Y/n) asked.

          "Good question. It's a place the mind built to keep me from getting out when I'm not needed. Your mind built it when I was built. You could say this place is similar to those mindscapes you see in anime. However, you can't really change this place. There's more to it, but that's the simplest explanation." Contrast explained.

          "Ok. I think i get it. More importantly, what kind of situations do you take control in?" (Y/n) asked.

          "I see everything you see. I also hear, smell, and feel everything you do. So whenever I determine a threat to your life, I take control and eliminate the threat. Also, if your emotions get out of check, specifically rage, I come out and remove the threat to your sanity." Contrast answered.

          "I see. Just a few more questions. How much do I hold back, subconsciously I mean?" (Y/n) questioned.

          "Well, naturally, Humans are actually quite powerful. However, the body wasn't built to take all that power, so the human brain naturally suppresses about 80% of your strength. When I take over, that subconscious limit is gone, allowing me to do things you never could. I do have to be careful to not hurt your tendons and ligaments, though." Contrast answered, making sure to hit all the details.