Chapter 68. Introductions

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          Picking up right where we last left off, (Y/n) had just taunted the old pro. The reactions among the heroes present varied. Many of the sidekicks were thrown off. There's no way this guy just challenged a pro heroine. Sure, he has a quirk, but there's no way he was able to beat a pro. The already established pro's in the room had done research on (Y/n), and were curious as to how this would play out.

          "(L/n) (Y/n). Villain ID: Nadir. His quirk can be devastating if used in certain ways. If it weren't for his desire to be non lethal, he could probably kill most of the people in this room. But, seeing as he is currently unable to use his quirk, let's see where this goes." Lady Nighteye thought to herself.

          As a response to (Y/n)'s taunting, Gran Torino shot out of her seat. With a smirk on her face, she began to fly around (Y/n). The instant she shot out of her chair, (Y/n) willed his eyes to dull, as his subconscious limits faded away. As she was darting around the room, there were a few times she would attempt to get close to strike, but (Y/n) would manage to just barely avoid it.

          "He's managing to dodge Torino. That's an impressive feat, but I still don't see him winning." Ryukyu thought to herself whilst watching.

          While the crowd watched on as (Y/n) seemingly was only able to dodge, (Y/n) was having his own thoughts. Because this form doesn't drain stamina like it used to before he became whole, he could maintain this state while he strategized. And strategize he did, becoming more and more aware of Torino's pattern.

          "1 in front. 2 behind. Strike. Got it." (Y/n) thought to himself.

          Steadily, all the pieces fell into place. As Torino danced around (Y/n), attempting to hit him, she continued her pattern. She flew in front of him once. She darted around and moved behind him twice. Finally, she charged him from the side. As she approached, (Y/n) performed a quick spin, with his foot now firmly in the way of Torino's path.

          Surprised, the old pro swiftly changed her posture and used her quirk to halt her assault from that direction. This was exactly what (Y/n) wanted. His kick, having been a mere feint, quickly stomped into the ground as he managed to land a solid punch on the old pro. The force behind the impact was surprising, but ultimately the pro was able to mitigate it by using her jets to lesson the impact. As she finally landed, there wasn't any noticeable damage, but she definitely knew that was going to bruise.

          "Well, how did I do?" (Y/n) asked, as the color returned to his eyes.

          "You got me good. You pick things up faster than Toshi's brat. I lose." Gran Torino exclaimed, much to the shock of most of the gathering of heroes and sidekicks.

          "Who's Toshi?" (Y/n) thought to himself as he moved to go sit down in an empty seat.

          As (Y/n) and Torino both eventually found their  seats, the sidekicks were all looking at (Y/n). Suffice to say, they weren't expecting a pro to not only get hit, but admit defeat at the hands of the young villain. The established pros, while definitely a bit caught off guard, weren't all too shocked. (Y/n), having noticed the stares from the sidekicks, addressed them.

          "Can I help you?" (Y/n) asked, not really a fan of being stared at by so many people.

          "Please, pardon them. It's not everyday you witness what they just saw." Ryukyu apologized on their behalf.

          "Well, now that that's settled, we can begin. The interns should be here soon, so let's get the introductions out of the way first. Mr. (L/n), I believe we should start with you." Nighteye put forth.

          Having heard her address him by his surname, Aizawa got a bit agitated. She pieced together that Nighteye was trying to bait (Y/n) into doing something rash, the height of irrationality considering it was already decided that (Y/n) would be joining. She looked over to (Y/n), expecting to see him seething. Much to her surprise, he wasn't as pissed as one would think. He was uncomfortable with it, but he didn't seem to show any signs of aggression.

          "Fair enough. I'm (Y/n). Call me either that or Nadir. I already know most of you through my time doing research with the League. I assume most of you are already familiar with my Quirk." (Y/n) introduced himself.

          "We are. I hope we can all get along on this project." Ryukyu answered.

          "It shouldn't be too much of a problem. He's pretty strong, so he can help for sure." Fat Gum enthused. She really was easy going about it all.

          "Sorry, but I'm still not convinced. Setting aside him being a villain, I still don't think we should be letting children work on such a dangerous mission." Rock Lock proclaimed.

          "Even though I'm not going, do you think I can't hold my own?" Gran Torino asked.

          "No. Why- " Rock Lock started to answer.

          "Then why question him? The boy just beat me without even using his quirk. He's more than capable." the old pro offered her rebuttal, ceasing Rock Lock's disagreement for the moment.

          "Enough with the disagreements. We're past the point of sending him away from the mission. Let us continue." Night Eye drew the room into order.

          The meeting continued with introductions, and the details of the mission were shared with (Y/n). After many questions and answers, (Y/n) had a solid idea of how to go about this. Eventually, the remaining interns of 1A would show up, and plans of how to go forward would proceed. 

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following ??? 

          We transition to a scene where a young lass is alone in complete darkness. She is dressed in what appears to be a high school girl's uniform. She is a fairly plain looking girl, all things considered. Her curly hair reaches her shoulders, and is a nice blonde color. Her eyes are a simple shade of brown. She has no discernable scars or cuts.

          "H- Hello?" she calls out, taking a few steps forward.

          Her voice is meek and timid. She is very clearly scared, unsure of where she is, or how she even got here. As she walks forward, in hopes she stumbles upon a light of some kind, she finds herself unable to make sense of where she is.

          "Is anyone out there?" she calls out, louder this time than before.

          As she wanders amidst the darkness, she eventually stumbles on a faint glimmer in the distance. She begins to run towards it, focused on the idea that it may be a way out. As she approaches the lit area, she starts being able to make out more details of it. The only area in this expanse that seems to be lit up is a singular room. It isn't anything lavish or fancy, just a simple room. Although, it is strange that there are only two walls, and no ceiling, despite the fact that one can see the light coming from where the ceiling should be.

          Also worth noting was the woman sitting in a chair at said room. She was older than the blonde lass, given her more mature figure and being slightly taller than. The older woman had a lighter brown, almost hazel color to her hair, and beautiful green eyes. The woman already in the room, turned to face the blonde lass as she heard her approaching. In slight concern, the younger of the two stopped outside of the room.

          "Well, don't just stand there. Come inside, you must be cold outside." the older woman instructed.

          As she said this, the blonde haired lass suddenly felt the air get colder. She decided to go into the room. As soon as she did, the view changed. The expanse of darkness outside the room suddenly lit up, and the view of a most beautiful sunset became visible to her.