Chapter 34. Training and Doubts

Previously On "Man Made"

          "Nadir: Contrast Control!" (Y/n) excitedly thought to himself, thrilled it worked.

---

          (Y/n) rushed towards her and closed the distance faster than Ectoplasm was expecting. He jumped and threw a punch down. Ectoplasm jumped backwards. This time the attack missed completely and (Y/n) punched the ground, putting a hole where his fist hit. With his fist still in the ground, Ectoplasm kicked (Y/n) in the back as hard as she could. It didn't hurt (Y/n), but it distracted him enough that he lost his focus and the color returned to his eyes.

---

          "Ok. Then spend this week practicing your "Contrast Control." It seems to be too taxing to use consistently. We'll spend this week developing your abilities. What is your plan for you other Special Move?" Ectoplasm instructed, then asked.

---

          Rather than words, (Y/n) again took Contrast's hand and memories flew into his mind. The colors grew along Contrast and covered his left torso and both legs.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          It's the 3rd day of Provisional License training. Class 1A is back in Gym Gamma, training harder than ever. (Y/n) is standing against an Ectoplasm clone. 

          "Alright (Y/n), last time your control lasted 4 minutes, 38 seconds. Today, we're gonna go for 5 minutes of Contrast Control. When I see your eyes change, I'll start the timer." Ectoplasm instructed.

          "Got it." (Y/n) exclaimed.

          He then activated his Contrast Control. The color from his eyes faded to the familiar dull shade of (e/c). Seeing this, Ectoplasm started the timer. When she did, she rushed forward. She threw a kick, which (Y/n) dodged by sidestepping the attack. (Y/n) threw a punch towards Ectoplasm's head. The pro heroine saw this coming and jumped out of the way. The 2 continued to spar until (Y/n) fell to a knee and started breathing heavily.

          "4 minutes, 42 seconds. Take a break to catch your breath and we'll go again." Ectoplasm declared after stopping the timer.

          In response, (Y/n) let out a frustrated sigh. He was disappointed by his lack of progress. Deciding to put his frustration aside, he started breathing slowly to calm himself.

          "What do I have to do? It's been 3 days. I should have this under control by now. I'll just have to keep working on it." (Y/n) thought to himself.

          After a few minutes of contemplation, (Y/n) was no further to an answer. Eventually, Ectoplasm returned. This time All Might was with her. Seeing her surprised him. He knew she was here the other day to give students advice, but didn't think she'd come back.

          "(Y/n). Before we continue, All Might wants to talk to you. I'll give you guys a few minutes." Ectoplasm said, before walking away.

          After she walked away, (Y/n) directed his attention to the retired pro.

          "What are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked.

          "Well, I didn't get to give everyone advice yesterday, but I want to talk to you about something else. You were a member of the League, so I want to know how much you know." All Might declared.

          "You mean your quirk?" (Y/n) asked.

          "Yes." the retired pro answered.