Chapter 62. Blossoming Feelings

Previously On "Man Made"

          "Hey, is it just me or does it seem like (Y/n) has been around everyone a lot more?" Sero asked, drawing the attention of the class.

---

          "Before we begin, I'd like to explain my quirk. It's a habit I've picked up to make clients feel more comfortable. My quirk, Memoread, allows me to look into the memories of a target. It plays to me sort of like a movie, only not in real time. Think of it like information being presented to me at a rapid rate, while also being perfectly understandable to me. If I want to, I can project them onto a surface through my eyes like a movie to watch." Maya explained.

---

          "It's not working. My quirk isn't taking effect." Maya explained, surprising the other adults.

---

          "Actually, If we're doing this, let's give them the full story." Contrast put forth.

---

          "It's okay. You're strong enough that I can leave now. I'm so proud of you. Goodbye, (Y/n)." Contrast said softly, beaming a bright smile as his face was the final thing to fade away.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following Funai Naoko

          2 days prior, the same day (Y/n) had met with (M/n). After they had left, the kids that had been antagonizing Funai had left him alone. He was feeling good about himself. Suffice to say, this was a day he would never forget and (Y/n) was a name he would always remember. As he was running around the playground, admiring the red colors that laced his knuckles from punching his bully, he failed to notice the person that was coming up from behind him.

          A petit woman in a white cloak and black boots was waiting for the precise moment of him being alone. The most notable trait was the mask that covered her face, which was designed to resemble a plague doctors.

 The most notable trait was the mask that covered her face, which was designed to resemble a plague doctors

          As the woman was watching the child, she was thinking to herself.

          "It would have been easier if you were a girl or had a sister, but your the best we've got. Overhaul has deemed your quirk gene necessary for phase 2, so soon enough, you'll be coming with me. Besides, it's not like we can't awaken your quirk if we have to." the woman thought, planning for the best moment to take the brown haired child.

          That time would present itself soon enough. After about 30 minutes of watching, she found her opportunity. She used the hour hand of her quirk to make a cut of the boy's arm. Before he had time to realize what was happening, he was slowed down immensely. She walked up to him and grabbed the child, being sure to keep him quiet. It wasn't expressly difficult given how slowly he was moving due to her quirk.