Speed, Flexibilities, and Girl Skills

"IBARA SHIOZAKI VERSUS KAEDE KAYANO!"

Kaede nervously twitched her fingers. She knew she wasn't as strong as the other students, and her quirk was definitely inferior. Not to mention her opponent seemed quite skilled in her arts.

For a moment, Kayano was lost in her own thoughts. She couldn't hear the sound of beeping signaling for her to get ready. Her ponytails bounced up and down as she thought intensely.

"Oi Kayano! You're up!" Rio gave her a hard hit on the back, and the latter smiled. She hopped up the stairs, eager to start. A few quick warm up stretches were all it took to get her going.

The timer started. They would have 20 minutes max to fight, and there were only two rules. One, the fight would end when one conceded, one was immobilized, or the timer ran out. You cannot kill someone. Two, bringing in anything that you have not registered or is not part of your department or quirk is not allowed.

Ibara started out by shooting out several vines at high speeds, faster than the spectators could follow. But for Kayano, this wasn't any trouble at all. They practiced against KOROSENSEI, someone who could move at MACH 20! Tactful dodges here and there, while using her slime to safely defend attacks coming straight at her face.

Ibara changed her stance, multiplying and growing the vines longer. She formed them into a defensive shield, and swung it straight at Kayano.

"Ack-"

Kayano coughed as she sat on the floor, wincing at the pain of her leg. It stung, but it wasn't enough to make her concede. Calmly, she stood up, and kicked off the vines entangling in front of her, then stepped on them. Ibara gave a pained expression.

'So I was correct. She can still feel through her vines.'

She took a high jump, using her slime as a leverage, then crashed with her knives out on Ibara's vines. The other instantly jumped back, performing a defensive stance again. Her eyes sharpened, now finally knowing not to underestimate these students.

"Who do you think will win?" Deku excitedly asked his blue-haired classmate.

Nagisa actually wasn't really sure. They were pretty much on equal grounds, considering their quirk and skills. Kayano was fast on her feet, and was quite strong. However, Ibara was quick with her quirk, and knew how to use it better.

"Maybe.......Shiozaki." He finally came to a conclusion.

"Oh? Why?" Deku tilted his head in confusion.

"Well, despite how much better Kayano is with general physical skills, so is Shiozaki's. She has pretty good strength, and probably a lot of stamina, from what I've seen. Not to mention the differences in their quirk. Shiozaki feels more skilled with hers though....."

Deku nodded, satisfied with the explanation. And as a matter of fact, Nagisa was right. In the end, Kayano lost, being wrapped in her vines. The other didn't come out unscathed though. She was drizzled in bruises and scratches. Even if it was only the first match, the audience could agree that it was truly a spectacle.

"I'm so nervous for my match....." Momo said quietly, reciting verses from the textbook to calm her nerves.

"Relax! I'm sure you'll do fine." Jiro smiled, comforting her friend as she watched from the sidelines.

"NEXT UP, WE HAVE......MOMO YAOYOROZU OF CLASS 1-A VERSUS RIO NAKAMURA OF THE TRANSFERS!" Present Mic announced.

"The teams sure are chosen well. The pairs seem pretty equal." Karma noted, excited for the fight that was going to happen. After all, his partner in crime was participating in it.

Rio was pretty confident about winning. She had better physical skills, and her quirk was quite similar. The only thing that held her back was her cool down time and the size of the objects, but she knew how to get around those. Her opponent didn't seem to be as well-footed as she was.

The beeping rang, signaling for their battle to begin. Momo made the first move, creating a shield and a sword. Swinging them at Rio, she used her shield to defend herself.

The blonde easily took advantage of the shield and sword that Momo made.

'Let's see....a sword and a bronze shield......what is of equal value? Oh wait!'

She extended her arm, and said a few things, activating her quirk. The sword transformed into a small bag containing several items,

"Oh, aren't those the packs containing BB-guns and extra bullets that Karasuma gave us in the beginning of the year?" Nagisa questioned, in which Karma gave him a nod.

Anyways, Rio lunged towards Momo, taking the bag, but also using it as an opportunity to kick her adversary off balance. Then she held the gun straight at her forehead.

"Give up. If you move I will shoot you." Her expression was slightly less playful, but there were gleams of mischief in her eyes.

Yaomomo felt a kick to her arm, and gritted her teeth in pain.

'The rules do state that she isn't allowed to kill someone. I highly doubt she'll actually shoot, because if she does, it'll end up with her taking my life. Real bullets are definitely not something to joke about. All I need to do is create an opening and move away.'

In the flash of a moment, Momo managed to kick her opponent and hit them with a swing, then step back. However........

Bang

A terrifying sound rang through the stadium.

"So she used a shock bullet. Impressive. She's not as dumb I guess." Itona commented in his normal bored tone.

A shock bullet was a special bullet designed to temporarily paralyze one opponent using a multitude of shock waves, both from the speed it traveled at and the structure of the bullet itself. The only setback was that you had to be really close to the target, unless it would be just like any other bullet out there.

"I warned you. You didn't listen. Kind of sad, y'know?" Rio threw the gun up and down, flipping it in the air. Looking down, she saw her opponent, glazed over in pain and surprise, and unable to move.

Midnight went down and put two fingers on Momo's neck, then touched her arms.

"SHE IS ALIVE, JUST PARALYZED. SHE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL SOON, JUDGING FROM HER HEARTBEAT AND HER BLOODFLOW!" The Pro Hero yelled out as some nurses and workers came to take her away.

The worries of the audience quickly washed away. The first two rounds had been interesting, showing the power of various students and their ability to think in tight situations. A few Pro Heroes had already decided which ones they'd wanted as well.

"AND NOW, WE HAVE NAGISA SHIOTA OF THE TRANSFERS VERSUS TENYA IIDA OF CLASS 1-A!"

"This is what you call an unfair fight." Karma smirked.

"Indeed."