AND THE BATTLE Y'ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

"It's the semifinals already...." Denki said from the back, extremely excited for the matches.

"I know right! This is going to be sooooo exciting!" Mina nodded eagerly.

Everyone was waiting for these matches, as they would determine the top two people of the entire grade.

Meanwhile, the four contestants were waiting in the special room designated to them. Inside, there was a couch, a long table, four chairs, a vending machine with cheap drinks, a basket filled with some healthy snacks, and some shelves filled with literary chapter books. The atmosphere was very tense.

"So uhm....." Nagisa began, not liking the silence. They had been given a ten minute break, while the workers prepared the stage and some students were showing off their skills with the recreational activities. So far, it seemed that Tokoyami and Rio had been winning the most, which was somewhat expected.

"Ehhh? Disqualified from feeling human? What an interesting idea." Karma said in a cheery voice, and Nagisa muttered a "thank god for him". Honestly, that dude just knew how to make things feel normal again.

"What are you reading?" Nagisa asked.

"No Longer Human by Dazai Osamu. Truly a work of art." The redhead said with a smirk.

"Oh, that book." Itona looked up from fidgeting with his quirk.

"Didn't the Japanese Literary Association purge most of the copies after an incident involving the words of it being cursed or something?" Nagisa asked, and Todoroki nodded his head.

"I'm surprised there's one on the shelves of some random room." Itona said, then snapped his strings. The second he did so, a man came in, and told them that their matches were starting.

"Good luck!" Cheers from their classmates and their friends, followed by the audience themselves flooded their ears as they stepped out.

The four gave short, but meaningful glances to each other. They would win, no matter what. On the nosebleeds were Pro Heroes Kamui Woods and Ectoplasm who had been called to keep watch during the festival.

(A/n: Nosebleeds do not mean the runny stuff that comes from your nose here. It means the seats highest and usually farthest away from the center stage.)

"Hey, Kamui, what do you think about the students this year?" Ectoplasm asked.

"They're impressive. But it's funny, how they were defeated by the transfers just like that. They're not inferior, but the transfers are much more experienced in these kinds of things, as from what I've seen." Kamui answered, not bothering to look at him.

"A shame that Present Mic and Midnight had to announce the first match between Karma Akabane and Shoto Todoroki. Their difference in their skill levels....." Ectoplasm trailed off as Midnight ordered the two to take their places.

Karma and Todoroki looked at each other, one with a smile and the other with a determined face. Todoroki landed a hit right after the buzzer sounded, but if he did it any earlier, he would've been disqualified. A cold substance made its way to Karma's arm, forcing a bit of blood.

"Dammit, you're good." Karma winced.

Todoroki didn't respond. Instead, he focused on eliminating the boy in front of him, using everything he had at his disposal. Ice shattering the ground, falling from the sky, and fire to top it off. Karma barely managed to dodge them, not to mention how careful and calculating Todoroki was with his strikes.

"I can't get close to him...." The assassin thought carefully. Todoroki's strength were like his weaknesses. Due to the nature of his quirk, he focused on close combat.