Obstacles

"So blunt....." Karma stated when Bakugo came down the stage. Well, Midnight had the same reaction too, but then she gathered up herself. However, even she could feel the intense gazes and the chills from the people.

"Everyone! Gather up! Are you ready?" Cheers emerged from the crowd. Midnight was satisfied. "Great! The first event will be......AN OBSTACLE COURSE!"

Everyone looked at each other in excitement as Midnight explained the basic rules. On the TV screens, there were live cameras showing the courses, including large trails and huge landmines. Every student gawked at the sheer size of it.

"That's one hell of an obstacle course." Rio said. Her blue eyes sparkled as soon as she saw the trails. . As Midnight signaled that they would get ten minutes to plan and prepare Nagisa pulled out his phone. "Ritsu, start the power circulation." He said.

Each member of Team 3-E (Yes, those five people cause my dumb brain can't think of anything else to call them) put on two black thin bands, one for each of their wrists. The line running through the middle flashed a cyan color, and in a split second, they turned into high tech gloves.

"Woah, this is awesome! Karasuma really knows his stuff! Thanks for producing these Ritsu!" Nagisa said in excitement. Even Itona nodded and approved of these. Karma smiled at how good it fit on, and the girls high fived each other.

"Glad you like them! Here are some functions. First, there's a chip on the side that is a communication chip. You guys can discuss and talk through it. The gloves have enhanced durability, which allow you to use them freely in a fight. It can also decrease the impact of an attack from an opponent, or increase your attack strength. These also have a mini projector on the backhand, and using my system, I can help you analyze possible attacks and outcomes! There's also a jamming transmitter, and a few other tech gadgets I included to keep things working."

"That's a lot." Itona said calmly. However, he couldn't hide his happiness. After all, he'd always been interested in technology and such. Karma proceeded to tease him, which earned him a heavy kick in the gut.

"EVERYONE! THE COURSE WILL OPEN IN 3.....2.....1! GO!" Midnight shouted, and Present Mic started commentating. Crowds of students flowed through the entrance to the competition area, except for a certain five.

"LOOK! SHOTO TODOROKI HAS FROZEN THE FLOOR, MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR OTHER STUDENTS TO CROSS THE PASS! WHAT A SKILLFUL MOVE!" Present Mic continued to blast through the mic. "BUT WAIT, THE TRANSFERS HAVEN'T EVEN MOVED YET! DO THEY PLAN ON LOSING SO QUICK?"

The five silently chuckled to themselves. Of course not! They finally saw that the entrance was vacant, and nobody was there. They quickly scaled the walls, causing surprised reactions from everyone spectating. Without a moment of hesitation, they managed to find a quick shortcut and simultaneously pass through it.

"Over there!" Nagisa pointed towards a large rich with flat edges.

Climbing up, all of them could see what was going on. The cameras weren't able to see them though, but since their beginning already confused the spectators, everyone was on the edge of their seats.

The robots came out, stomping towards the students. Itona eyed them for a moment, and latched out strings towards them. The bots were tied up in them, and with a tug, they became unstable. The second this happened, Todoroki flung out his right, and formed ice all over them. This happened so quickly that no one seemed to detect that Itona was part of it too.

The members of Class 3-E continued to make their way towards the exit using the directions their analyzer, the one on their gloves, had given. When they reached the last obstacle though, and mind you, they were the first to, they mentally agreed to stop working with each other, and take it as a race for who will come out first.

Landmines. That was the last obstacle. Easy for Kayano, surprisingly, as all she had to do was use her slime as a deflection system. She passed through without worries, knowing little of how she was helping the others as she skipped past first.

"Nagisa, what are you- HEY THAT'S NOT FAIR!" She shouted as she saw Nagisa jump on her slime to easily get past, and how the rest of her group followed as well. This ended up becoming a speed race, and in the end, Nagisa won.

"Your quirk is overpowered....."

"Not really Rio. l wouldn't say that. It's just the last thing was more in my favor."

"There you go again Nagisa, being all modest."

"Karma I'm not trying to be modest."

"Well it's in your nature."

"Not really helping Rio."

Itona ignored their "conversation". To be honest, he'd call it more of Rio and Karma ruthlessly teasing Nagisa about his quirk. Anyways, he was more interested in the UA students. He thought they were all dumb, sure, but there were a select few that caught his eye. For instance, a dark purpled haired dude that looked sleepy as heck. And of course, Todoroki.

After a while, all the results were in, and everyone was pumped up. The first event concluded with the top ten being:

1st: Nagisa Shiota
2nd: Itona Horibe
3rd: Rio Nakamura
4th: Karma Akabane
5th: Kaede Kayano
6th: Izuku Midoriya
7th: Shoto Todoroki
8th: Bakugou Katsuki
9th: Takaye Iman (OC, no importance and belongs in general class)
10th: Iida Tenya

"THE 47 THAT HAVE PASSED THE OBSTACLES, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WILL PROCEED TO THE NEXT ROUND!" Midnight shouted through her microphone.

All eyes turned towards the screens, which were preparing to showcase the next events.

"Usually," Midnight began. "We do a Calvary battle, but today, we have decided on something else. Something to show your smarts and your skills! This event will be a makeshift forest fight! The grounds will become a forest area, made by our UA staffs and pro heroes."

"Everyone are to find one marker," she  continued while holding up a device no larger than the size of a brick. There were two buttons and a small interface. "And press the red button with a plus sign. This will allow you to 'claim' an area. Once you do, you are to defend it until the time runs out. You can steal another person's place by pressing the green minus button. They will immediately register the person."

Everyone watched in awe as the ground rearranged itself. Kamui Woods created several trees, along with various other wood based materials. Other members dressed in workwear seemed to be doing a quick final checkup. Midnight led the students to the entrance, and with a Cheshire grin, she shouted.

"ON YOUR MARKS..... GET SET..... GO!"