Chapter 45| Home alone

Chapter 45: Home alone

Christopher

On Friday, I initiated another method of tutoring Tracy for the upcoming computer based exam at her aspiring school. My evaluation of the last lesson we had showed she was a slow learner just as her mom had said. I did start from the basics to make assimilation easier for her but going at this rate meant we'd achieve only little with the limited time provided.

Asides the pranks we pulled secretly on each other, the last lesson was taken quite seriously. It made me conclude she actually gave my lash out on Monday a thought.

So today, I decided that practicing questions while imitating the exam setting would do no harm. I had prepared a list of multichoice questions on my desktop and all she had to do was answer them with a timer. From there, I could highlight her weak points and we would work on them together.

Ever since she arrived, she acted innocent of the dryer stunt she pulled on me but no surprise there.

She folded up the sleeves of her oversized shirt and as she got busy with the exam, I stealthily swiped her phone from the desk and left the room. On getting to the balcony, I tried a few possible passwords just to crack her phone open. I knew I had limited trials and if I ended up failing to unlock it, I would give up on it and think of a plan B.

On my fourth guess, her phone unlocked and I made a scoff. She was just so fucking typical.

must be feeling like a genius for setting her password as password.

I quickly went to her phone alarm system and set it to ring twelve times at different intervals in the midnight with the volume cranked up to the highest.

sleep tight, tomboy.

And with a proud smirk and gait, I returned to the room and surreptitiously returned her phone.

Come Saturday morning, she bawled into our house looking pretty sleep deprived. I was working out in our house gym with Kelvin when she barged in and tried to that stuff a crazy woman does. I had no idea what she intended to do when she ran to me with wide puffy eyes and clawed hands but Kelvin pulled her away from me before I got the chance to find out.

If only she knew I could make her go limp with just two jabs to her neck, well not that I'd ever lay hands on a lady, but she should've seen my retaliation coming instead of acting wacko like she could take me down in combat. After all the screaming and threats that she'd get back at me, she left.

This was practically how we spent the following week too. We were two reasonably mature people when it came to achieving the same goal in her studies, but when the lights went out, terrible things happened to us from each other's handiworks.

On Sunday, I found a note on my car and it read thus; I'm sorry for the damage I caused to your car.

That was enough to drive me crazy. I spent almost an hour looking for the imaginary damage on my new car. Turns out, it was in perfect shape and she only wrote the note to get back at me.

There was a lot of back and forth after that.

Tracy came for the lesson on Monday as usual and oblivious of me standing behind the door, I yelled behind her as she stepped in. She jumped back in fright and fell flat on the floor. I had a good laugh at her laid up flat, looking both shocked and pissed. It was little but I thought of it as a good old fashioned prank.

On Wednesday, she came for the tutorial and when she left, I was anxious that she'd done something to my room again but I couldn't find out what it was exactly so I slept that night with one eye open. She sent me a text on Thursday morning after I've had breakfast, saying she had scrubbed the toilet bowl in my bathroom with my toothbrush. I ended up vomiting my breakfast and just about my intestines.