Chapter 13| Hypocrite

Chapter 13: Hypocrite

"I love you."

She stared deep into my eyes and I was just about to reply when a cough behind us broke us apart.

"What do we have here?"

"What do you want Kev?" I exhaled sharply.

"Sorry for interrupting the love situation here but I need to see you Chris."

"At least, let me introduce you to Anna. Anna, this is Kelvin, a very close friend of mine. And Kev, this is Anna, my girl."

"Oh! Hey, beautiful." he grinned widely. "Yes, I'm Kelvin and may I say that you look absolutely gorrrgeous." he said and winked right after.

flirt.

Anna whispered a thank you in reply as if her mouth was too heavy to say it out loud. What was it with Kelvin and his darned ability to make girls throw themselves at him??

I snapped my fingers in his face when he kept blatantly staring as Anna smiled back timidly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Hey! Hey! She's taken." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Relax, will you? Excuse us for a moment." Kelvin equally snarled and pulled me to a secluded corner of the room away from her.

"Look, I need to say hi to your folks before they leave so keep this for me will you? I'll be back for it." he rushed over his words and shoved something into my hand.

I looked down at the object in my palm and my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"What the fuck? Look, you better keep that snake between your legs right where it is till the end of today or I'll chop it off myself." I bellowed.

"Guy, calm your shit down. Can't you help a brother for once? Your father will kill me if he finds it with me and we both know what ensued the last time that happened."

I took one last disgusted look at the pack of condoms in my hand. When he saw my annoyed look and listened to my silence, he thanked me and waltzed away.

"Moron." I muttered and went back to meet Anna.

"You have a really nice house." she said while taking in the huge living room of black, white and gold theme.

"Thanks. How about I show you around?" I took her hand in mine and led her upstairs.

Some were already in the warm pool in the backyard while some got busy dancing in the living room. A few of them were taking in the view of our green lawn outside while others chose to pour drinks for themselves and socialize.

Anna and I proceeded up the spiral staircase.

~~~

Tracy

It was Wednesday which meant a lot of work to be done.

My manners. It would be rude not to introduce myself properly. My name is Tracy Williams. The clumsy wreck as you might choose to describe me. My mother's a nurse and my father's dead. I don't really like talking about him. My older and only brother was in the university studying Medicine. And me? I'd be out of secondary school in a few months and I aspired to study Music.

I know. My family held a group of geniuses while I, the smartest of all, settled for music. Sadly, the only thing I was good at. Fun fact is I dread talking about myself too but just know upfront that I'm a talkative. That's got to be like my second best personality. Not bragging here, people found me annoying because of it.