Chapter 48| Wedding

Chapter 48: Wedding

Tracy

Everyone took turns wishing me a happy birthday and I must say, I was still shocked to the bones. Daniella explained it was Chioma's idea and she was a huge part of the plan even though she wasn't here yet. I was simply over the moon that I got to see these people again and no feeling could possibly trade their thoughtfulness of throwing me a small surprise birthday when I was still very new to them.

Charlie came forward to present my cake to me and I raised a hand to answer the unspoken question.

"She told you guys my favorite color, didn't she?"

"Yeah." they affirmed, and my heart turned jelly for having the best friend I could ever ask for.

This day didn't start off on a good note but here I was filled with pure happiness in the end. My eyes watered and I quickly blinked back the moisture before they got out. Then I blew out the candles on my sky blue velvet cake after making a wish and searched around for Christopher as they gave plaudits. He really did have a talent of disappearing mysteriously.

They let me go after a few more chatters and giggles and I made my way up the stairs to my allocated room. I'd asked about the soon-to-weds and I was told they went out for a walk. Dinner would arrive in thirty minutes so I prepped myself up to shower and settle in before then. Just as I was about to pull off my baggies, a knock came on the door.

"Tracy."

"Chris?" I asked on recognizing the voice.

"Open the door." came the compelling voice again and I rolled my eyes as I headed to the door.

"A please would've been sufficient." I grunted and turned the knob, "Yeah?"

He stood there in a grey V-neck tee and sweatpants with his hand on the wall and a scowl on his face. Then he brushed past me, ushering himself into my room to which I shut the door and folded my arms in a questioning manner.

"What was that for?"

"Why didn't you tell me today was your birthday?" he demanded.

is he for real?

"Because I forgot." I piped back emphatically, "It didn't occur to me today is my birthday until we got here."

He was worked up and I had no idea why.

"You forgot, huh?" he yelled at me, "But everyone knew except me. Except me Tracy, what the fuck?"

"Yeah, I forgot! Are you going to be mad at me for that?" I equally raised my voice at him, "You heard what Ella said. Chi told them about my birthday so maybe you should be angry with your friends for not carrying you along about it."

"That's beside the point–"

"No, it's not." I cut in grimly, "You're nothing but a self-righteous self-centered prick which is why they left you out. So stop acting bitter before I start to think you actually care about my dumb birthday."

I had no idea where Christopher's bitterness was coming from and I've lost sense of judgement on his two-faced character by now but I just had enough to worry about on my own, starting from why Tristan and my mom forgot my birthday alongside me. It was making me have dark and depressing thoughts about my existence. Was I that valueless to them both? My mom especially...

"What is with you and Charlie being all couple-ish? Are you that desperate to sleep with him?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." he stated grimly and I wasn't even sure if he was asking out of genuine curiosity or he just found it an hobby to get on my nerves.

"Look." I went up to face him squarely, "It is none of your business if we are dating and you have absolutely no right to insult me like that."