Chapter 58| Mikasa's crib

Chapter 58: Mikasa's crib

Christopher

The car ride to Tracy's school turned out crowded and jam-packed. At first, I planned on having Kelvin take me to her and together, we would visit a tattoo parlor I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. I wanted a tat and Kelvin decided he'd get one for himself too. I just couldn't wait to show Tracy what I was getting. She would be excited, that's for sure.

Now that Michael, Paul, Adam, Cindy, and even Suzan decided on tagging along, we had to cram ourselves up like sardines in a can in Kelvin's Camry. Suzan ought to leave with her mom but she insisted on being with her boyfriend.

"Are you still leaving for Lagos today?" I asked the baddie in the shotgun.

She had called shotgun on the seat even though I was navigating. Well, the google map was set to guide our route to Tracy's but I was navigating nonetheless. Instead, I got pressed against the door with four others in the backseat. The price I paid for getting a lift from a friend with a girlfriend.

"Me kwa! I'm way too tired to get myself into Lagos weekend traffic. I'll just stay at Richie's for the night." she said and Kelvin flared up in the driver's seat.

"Who's Richie? You're not actually thinking to sleep at another guy's place when you have a boyfriend, are you?"

"He's the only one I know willing to provide me with a room for the night. Got a problem with that?"

"Babe! We already talked about this. You're not allowed to have male friends talk less of one you willingly spend a night with. Just sleep over at the white house, okay?"

"And since when do I need your permission on things?" she hissed.

"Since you became mine."

"Bro, if there's one thing I hate, it's people bossing me around. You being all caveman possessive right now only makes me want to stay at Richie's the more. You don't fucking own me, alright? So you better stick that into your pipe and smoke it."

"What," Kelvin spat, "you call me bro now?"

Adam huffed and grumbled in his... sleep, nap, meditation, hard to tell. He just folded his arms and closed his eyes and mouth until he got irritated by the noise.

"Can you two do us a favor and just shut up?"

"Was that directed at me?" Suzan turned to glare at him, "It better not."

"Blame it on Chris. He brought it up." Paul told Adam and I raised my hands to strike my flag.

"Don't look at me. I'm innocent."

All I did was ask a simply question but these two have been wanting to start an argument whether I said shit or not. That was just the result of having two hotheads in a relationship.

"How did you even come around to sleeping at Richard's place. His parents allow it?" Michael asked and Suzan scoffed out loud.

"Oh please, they barely notice. They're both bankers and their place is empty more than half the time. He has older sisters who are pretty chill and they have their friends over all the time to fill the void. Richard does too so their house is now a provincial inn to us homeless."

"Oh." Michael said as Cindy giggled to herself while watching a TikTok on her smartphone.

"Still doesn't make it right that you sleep there." Kelvin mumbled.

"Moving on!?" Paul interjected before Suzan got a word out.

After some more banters, we got to Tracy's school and I stepped out to fetch her while the rest stayed back in the car. The precinct swarmed of people in wears best suited for runway shows and a handful of others dressed completely in white. They really took the event earnestly in here.