Chapter 18| Capiche

Chapter 18: Capiche

Kelvin stared right back at me uneasily.

"What the actual fuck are you doing here!?" I whisper yelled.

"Questions later, brother. I think Suzan saw me."

Just then, I heard Suzan's voice coming up close.

"Shit!" I cursed.

"Girl, I'm telling you I saw Kelvin right there." Suzan yelled over the noise.

"Fine, let's check it out but I don't think he's the one you saw." Anna's voice yelled back.

I glanced back at Kelvin who in turn looked duped.

"Suzan must not see me here!"

"Neither Anne." I hissed and looked over at the stairs on the other side where we were to leave and back at our side of the aisle where Suzan and Anna were approaching.

We couldn't stand up and walk to the stairs or they would suspect our former position and our hoods.

"Wear your hood, we would have to crawl to the stairs."

Kelvin did as told and crawled, or more like frog jumped his way to the stairs.

come on, Kev!

We needed to be out of this seat aisle before Anna and Suzan reached it at the other end plus the people using the stairs looked down at us as if we were crazy.

"What are you guys doing?" I heard one say.

Kelvin and I ignored them and frog jumped down the rest of the stairs.

We finally got to the open, running away from the spectators block and past the field to the pavement. We kept running as if being chased and only stopped to catch our breath in the thick woods nearby. There, we found a clearing and settled down on the grasses to take our sweet time gasping for breath.

"Can I have my answer now?" I demanded between heavy pants.

"I came to see you bruh."

"Try another lie."

"I was bored at home so-"

"The truth Kev." I deadpanned.

He sighed and pushed the hood off his head and zipped down his red hoodie.

"I came to see Suzan."

"Now that I believe. So why did you come all the way from Lagos, which means you definitely bunked school for, to see her?"

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened between you two since I initiated the bet."

I scoffed, not buying his bluff.

"She hasn't spoken to you since the house party, has she?"

"If by not speaking to me you mean, having all of my socials blocked and my many texts and calls ignored until finally I got blacklisted." he listed off his fingers and I smirked.

"Okay dude, I think you're whipped. Has my bro gone soft? Last time I checked, you didn't care to break a girl's heart into a trillion pieces."

"Ha ha," he sneered, "laugh all you want because your case is so different."

I narrowed my eyes at his mockery but didn't make a retort, each allowing the silence to envelope us.

Note this, harmattan was the worst season. The sun barely radiated any heat and nothing but the cold wind grazed on our skin.