Chapter 22| Run

Chapter 22: Run

Daniella

I watched as Christopher's relaxed expression slowly changed to a killer look. The way his veins popped out of his head, his ears reddening and how fast his grip tightened around my phone, I could tell he would never look at her the same way.

I liked him ever since I laid my eyes on him only for Anna to step in and have him. I hated her for that. I hated that she was gorgeous and brilliant and all the boys liked her. She only made my life easier when she turned out to be a snob. I just couldn't understand why she did not act the same way with him. Oh right, she probably still hated me for the articles I wrote of her and decided to sleep with my crush to get back at me. That slut!

I had gone to the females after the lunch buzzer went off so as to fix my make-up. The humidity, despite the ventilated class had gotten my make up all smudgy and it was one of the times I wished the godforsaken powder was more watertight.

Not long that I'd stepped into the lavatory did I begin to hear throaty sobs coming from one of the bathroom stalls. Even with the water running, the girl was still pretty loud. With a shrug, I ignored the noise and concentrated on fixing my make-up. Everyone had their own problems, some of us were just better at hiding it.

My curiosity had spiked when I heard a different voice so I stopped what I was doing and listened intently, a skill which a gossip like me found handy. The voices sounded so familiar but I couldn't pinpoint the exact owners as the loud girl had a muffled voice and the other spoke inaudibly.

When I wasn't satisfied with the incoherent hums, I had crouched on the floor to take a peak through the vent, careful not to make noise. My vision focused on the exact moment one of the girls buried her face into the other and they began to make out. As soon as they nailed themselves to the wall, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I realized who they were.

Quickly, I had brought out my iPhone and carefully filmed their little act through the vent and stopped the video only when they broke apart. Then, I listened to the rest of their conversation which earned an eye roll from me.

Waiting for Anna to leave despite finding the bathroom shared by two hundred female students a bit disgusting to be in, was actually the one of the satisfying moments of my life. I made my way to class after she left with just one thing in mind. There was still enough time before lunch period was over, not that we were having any lesson afterwards. So I presented the clip to Christopher to see if he still liked the she-devil or not. But with his rasp breaths and clenched fists, I didn't think so.

Hehehehe” oh wow, I need to work on my evil laugh.

That sounded like a dying cat in my head.

Annabelle

I went to class during prep, wanting to be anywhere else but in the same space as Christopher. Apparently, I had nowhere else to go and I was left with little choice.

Suzan was mad at me because I still liked her ex so I couldn't visit the art class to see her. On one part, I was equally angry but then again, I felt sorry for her. She had been with me through thick and thin the past years and it broke her when I told her I was seeing Christopher. And when I knew the reason why, being with him didn't seem worth throwing away what I had with her.

Ordinarily, putting a sister before a mister was the right thing to do. But, being this far away from him when he was near was turning out harder for me than I expected and that made me realize how selfish I was to Suzan. Could my life get any more complicated?

Only half of us stayed in class while others had left to be elsewhere for spare period. Amongst those in class, only a few percentage were studying. Most of them were either playing around or staring fixedly at their phones.