Chapter 51| Bonhomie

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧Part III✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

♡†♡

Chapter 51: Bonhomie

Christopher

My mind was in a fuss and my hands continued to move in line with my thoughts. I kept thinking about Annabelle since yesterday and wanted desperately to see her making movement with her brown glossy eyes caressing me with warmth and her cheeks making an indent when she smiled but my legs failed to make that call.

The very moment I kissed another girl, Anna miraculously woke up from coma and I unconsciously chuckled to myself at the cliché. Everything was coming back in a rush. Everything Anna and I shared and all the pain I put her through when I was ignorant of her struggles. The way she gave my heart a certain warmth and ease when she talked and the happy moments we made as a couple.

If only I could rewind time and make things right, I told myself. But all that put aside, I cared about Tracy too. She found a way to grow on me like fungus and she was a friend I wished I had a long time before now. She came around when I was drowning in my daily unhealthy thoughts and made me forget everything that defined me just to be who I wanted to be, craved to be.

Tracy came around like a little girl that crept into a dungeon through a burrow only to find a folorn boy who turned out snobbish, and she decided to stomp her foot on his because he ignored her presence. Then the boy in turn chases her around until they're playing instead of fighting.

She put her worries on me the same way I ladened her with mine. I just couldn't think straight when another guy was with her. I blew a distressed sigh and realized my thoughts had gone haywire again.

The door flung open and Kelvin walked in.

"You didn't come down for breakfast." he said as he bounced on the bed and I grunted a response.

"Not hungry."

He kept quiet and just watched me and I tried and failed to ignore his blatant stare.

"What?"

Kelvin shifted to his side from lying flat and propped his head up with his arm.

"Never seen you make a mess of your own room. What happened to your OCD?"

I looked down and noticed the mess for the first time. I've been ripping out pages of a notebook, tearing and scrunching them into small pieces of balls and trying to throw them into my trash bin. Trying because I missed on all attempts and that's saying something since my aiming skills were skyscraping high. I exhaled and threw the last ball only to miss again.

"I don't have OCD." I stated and he scoffed.

"You almost bashed my head into a wall when I walked into your room with dirty sneakers on last week. Define OCD."

I didn't say anything to that as I stared down at the littered floor.

"We saw Anna yesterday. I could tell she was disappointed you didn't show up. We all expected you'd be the first to be there by her side but all you did was glue your white ass back at home looking all gloomy and shit. What's going on, Chris? Suzan can't wait to whoop your ass sour." he rattled beside me.

"Tell your girlfriend she's too violent for her own good." I replied gruffly, dodging his question completely.

"And you're being a jerk to Anna. Can we move on?"

Irritated by the mess, I sighed and crouched to the floor to pick up the little crumpled papers. I had no OCD. I just preferred to keep things in order. Just the way I was put off by Tracy's messy room the other day and I couldn't help but tidy it up before leaving. I wondered if she noticed.