Chapter 23| Suspended

Chapter 23: Suspended

Christopher

I stared back at Anna in immense hatred. All these while and she was a lesbian. The fuck? I was pissed. Oh, so pissed. I don't think I've been this angry before, not even with my father.

How could she? All she had to do was tell me at the very beginning that she was homo and I would've gladly stayed back. Did she derive joy from breaking my heart? She just walked into my life, stole my heart away, stomp her foot on it until it was tiny bits of elements, carefully packed the shattered pieces and then disposed it back in my chest.

I liked her ever since I set my eyes on her. She'd been the cause of my sleepless nights, and my night and day dreams had been all about her. All of a sudden, she realized I wasn't her ideal boyfriend anymore after leading me on for months, leaving me desolate.

I tried to forget about her and move on with my life but I just couldn't. The idea of dating other girls, and engaging in tons of sextings and flirting openly in order to wipe her out of my mind still left her lingering in there like a Trojan virus.

I realized that no other girl could be like her just by the way she smiled, her slight blushes at my cheesy comments, her charismatic nature, her heavenly scent, her brown eyes, her intoxicating kisses...

All of them had been a lie all along.

I wanted to hurt her badly and make her feel the same pain she put me through. The fastest way to do that was to send the video to the class group chat but I decided on this method instead. I wanted to look her in the eyes when I expressed my contempt.

Her face suddenly went pale and I watched as her tears trickle down her cheek. Beneath the anger, I felt a hurt by the humiliation I caused her but I told myself she deserved it and even more.

Fuck, I should've known. I should've known that there was something to Suzan's relationship with her. I didn't understand when friends began to kiss each other and I couldn't believe I had kissed those same lips too.

Anna finally snapped out of her trance and dashed out.

"Where's she running to? Mtcheew." Clara hissed while a few people trooped out after her.

I couldn't fucking care less. She broke me and I broke her in return.

Suzan was crouched now, with her face buried in her laps. I wondered if she was still spilling her crocodile tears. Then there was Richard seated at a desk, looking like a lost sheep.

Charlie and the rest were not in class presently, to witness all these. The class broke into rowdy chatter once Anna left while I reminisced on old times when my gaze rested on her pink backpack.

All that was left within me was emptiness. It probably would've been better if she'd moved on with another guy, but with a girl? With Suzan? I still wasn't certain what to make out of it.

A boy dashed back into the class and frantically yelled incoherent words which came out as gibberish nonsense.

"Yo, calm down. What is it?" A guy from art class asked the shaky boy.

The short boy either from the art or commercial got everyone's attention now including mine as he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Sh-She- She-" he stuttered and gulped before adding. "She fell down the stairs."

My heart literally skipped a beat.

"Who?" I questioned, to be sure I heard well.

"Anna fell down the stairs!" he relayed again in an ironic way of announcing to a contestant; You are the winner!