Chapter 2| Mysterious

Chapter 2: Mysterious

The buzzer buzzed indicating first period and I followed the multitude of students towards the stairs up ahead in the second hallway.

At the landing, I was met with a long corridor of classes and each classes had their class tier and department indicated on the glass doors such as SS 1 Science, SS 1 Art, SS 1 Commercial, SS 2 Science, and so on.

I trooped down the hall until I got to SS 3 Science class and I was met with rowdy teenagers mostly in groups busy chattering away.

Above the racket, I heard someone call my name and when I turned in the direction of the voice, I saw that it was the boarder dude I met earlier, now sitting at the corner of the class with two other guys who eyed me warily.

"I didn't catch up on your name earlier..." he half-yelled over the din.

"The name's Chris. Christopher Thompson." I replied.

"Right. My name's Richard. If you need to sit with friends during lunchtime, don't hesitate to join us." Richard said and turned back to the other guys.

Looks like I wasn't going to be feeling left out during break. Richard...

I walked on to the other side of the class and took a front seat. Yup! Front seat. Not a fan of the back seats.

A man in suit walked in a few seconds later and the class settled down. He was probably in his late twenties or early thirties and he was good looking. His look and appearance sort of belonged to the class of people who owned big companies and sat all day in well furnished offices.

He introduced himself as Mr. Philips and our class teacher (homeroom teacher) and went on telling us about the school and some extracurricular activities and I found the need to jot some things down when I realized I was without a pen.

"Shit! The fucking pen is in my bag." I cursed in realization.

Someone sighed and offered. "Been there. You can have mine only if you could be a darling enough to return it during lunch break."

I collected the pen and thanked her.

"Oh, thank you so mu-" I stopped mid sentence once I glanced up at her.

oh wow. She's hot!

She donned a similar uniform for the females which consisted of a white short-sleeved shirt that displayed her toned arms and a grey skirt that was pleated from the waist down.

Having a frizzy black hair that grazed her face and fell across her shoulders, she had me frozen in my seat. Her eyes shone against the sunlight streaming in through the window, projecting the light brown color they had.

She was light skinned though, having a clear creamy complexion and a perfect face harbouring a neat set of eyebrows and long eyelashes along with sumptuous lips.

And then it dawned on me that she was the locker hallway girl I met earlier.

How could anyone be created this perfect? Because she was just the example of drop dead gorgeous and for once in my life, I struggled to maintain composure.

"Are you alright?" she whispered, eying me wearily.

I snapped out of the trance and closed my slacked jaw.

"Um, yeah. Thanks for this." I finally uttered and focused on the teacher, totally avoiding her face in fear of going through the earlier phase again.

~~~

In the blink of an eye, a week was gone. School had been fun. I met new people with crazy personalities. It was a frenzy type of fun.

I crept onto my bed after revising for an hour, dubiously wondering where my father was as he never really got back home this late.

Grabbing my laptop, I switched it on and logged into Facebook.

If anyone was pondering on my encounter with the mysterious girl I met on Monday, thing is we barely spoke the entire week so, yay!

It was my first time meeting her but I liked her already. I mean have you seen her? She was pure beauty, mamacita at her best. And so, I've decided to drop the pussy act and ask of her from Richard on Monday.

Asides the mysterious girl <I call her mysterious 'cause she's pretty and I don't know her name>, I had a whole lot of fun this week. To the delight of my face card, I got quite a number of stares especially from the girls. It was particularly hard keeping my fuckboy reputation in the closet. Just the ability to get any girl with a wink still, was a stroke to my ego.

Richard introduced me to his posse during lunch on my first day and they were all cool enough to give me a warm welcome. They were five in total and me as an inclusion made us six in number.

And lastly, I joined a club on the order of the rather lanky P.H.E teacher. Given my interest in basketball, I chose to join the basketball club and the team leader was nice enough to give me a rundown on the need-to-know during the after school practice on Wednesday.

First, I checked my inbox and saw that I had eight outstanding messages. Mostly "hi", "hey there" and "how was your day" texts from strangers.

One of them was from Kelvin.

Kelvin was my childhood friend from Lagos. We knew each other since kindergarten and have been best of friends since we were nine. We happened to be neighbors back in Lagos and we attended the same school until now.

I didn't realize how much I would miss him until we were miles apart, as we did virtually everything together and not to forget that we were more or less the two baddest boys back in Lag. We went to parties where we consumed alcoholic drinks as underages, pulled outrageous pranks in school, bunked classes, gave each other the best or worst advice and lots more.

He was more than a friend, he was a brother to me. All the times that I was down or sad about being an only child, Kelvin was always there.

His message was an update about school and a promise to visit during the holidays to which I smiled at and quickly sent in a reply.

Another message caught my eye soon after. It was from a girl whose friend request I absentmindedly accepted in the afternoon.

"[Hey cutie, missing you already. See you tomorrow ♥]"

Is this babe for real? I smirked to the thought and checked her DP, display picture, and familiarity struck in.

Daniella.

I met her in school this week, all clingy and loud. I heard she was the school's social queen, and drama queen at that with that irritating high pitched voice and heeled shoes that screeched the tiles. Her uniform was way too tight and her skirt was the skimpiest shit that practically screamed "bang me". Daniella was the flirtatious kind, I noticed.

I answered the messages, the relevant ones only, and put away my PC to sleep when I heard a car zoom into the driveway. I crept out of bed and looked down through my window only to see my father step down from his sport car with a lady probably in her late twenties.

He invited the lady's arm into his which she accepted with a giggle before proceeding into the house.

"The fuck was that about?" I muttered to myself.

Tomorrow.

I'll know about all that tomorrow.

Vote and comment♡.