Chapter 49| Friend zone

Happy Val y'all! ♡♪❥. This chapter is dedicated to both the new and old readers.

Chapter 49: Friend zone

Tracy

Yesterday was downright crazy. I got signed into a record label? I was so happy that I didn't know what to do exactly to express it. Sometimes, I'd just jump up on my toes till I dropped and other times I'm sitting idly and wondering if it was all a dream. I never bumped into Christopher and I had a feeling he was avoiding me. I guess it was best we gave each other some space.

The most exciting part of the wedding for me was, well when I confidently sang in front of all those people. I realized that once I was confident in myself, no amount of neurons could make me have a nervous breakdown or stage fright. But asides that, I was beyond excited to dish out my own food. The meals were prepared by world class chefs of course but a buffet serving was adapted. Thinking about it now, the wedding must've cost a fortune. Everyone and everything was rich.

I dished my meal twice, going for jollof and a little bit of fried rice topped with salad and turkey laps the first time. The second time, I went for the solids and chicken wings and the most slippery soup on the table. Chioma had to warn me to slow my pace or I'd get constipated or suffer indigestion but I wasn't to blame. It was one day, just one day with these heavenly dishes to myself. Anyone could picture that and salivate on my behalf.

Now, skipping to the good part of the wedding gist, I met Olive at the party. I had no idea she was coming and she was the last person I expected to see in the crowd. Apparently, she came because her mom was a family friend to the couples, and when she took me to meet her mom, my mouth dropped to the floor without a care in the world. The granny? The aging woman that worked for the Thompsons was Olive's mom?

Keeping my surprise in check so as not to embarrass anyone, I pressed Olive for an explanation later on and she recounted how her mom got her after years of seeking for a child, and she started working in the restaurant to help lessen the burden of her schooling on her mom. We were so alike in that aspect.

Actually, to spill the tea, I got another shock of my life when Tristan came by in the middle of our conversation and went all smoochy on Olive. First off, ew. Secondly, well... double ew. But thirdly, I was bewildered out of my palazzo pants. Tristan dating Olive!?

Turns out, the guy Olive had been fangirling and fantasizing about was my brother... of all the descendants of Adam to choose from. Shocking. But at the end, I was happy for them. And I promised Tristan to happily break his bones if he dared break my friend's heart.

We got to stay another day at the resort so that's where I was with everyone else on Sunday. The latest Mr and Mrs were reminiscing the previous day with my mom and their closest friends in the lounge while us kids took the fun outside. The guys were outside taking turns to play table tennis when I finally decided to step out of my introvert shell and greet the sunshine.

Daniella laid in the hammock with shades on and simply enjoyed the sun while Suzan stayed with the guys to watch them play. And then there was Christopher, who took to the deck chair under the shade to read some book this breezy noon.

Charlie and I locked eyes as I stepped down to the patio and he gave me a small wave and smiled. We had talked things out last night and everything was settled, I guess. He confessed he had been a hundred percent sure I'd agree to go out with him. I guess I had my excessive friendliness to blame for that. It was something I actually had to work on lest I kept giving random guys mixed signals and led them on which was just not me. We agreed to remain friends and he made a joke about being friend-zoned but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.