Chapter 60| Trust

Chapter 60: Trust

Tracy

I stared up at my lover of eighty and one faithful day of getting body slammed by him in a rugby tackle. He professed his love to me just a month ago but little did I know I was only getting the cake's icing.

He came here super early to weirdly, eat the breakfast my mom made before he'd leave for the airport for his ten a.m flight. It was a Saturday and my mom was off duty so she honored his request and treated him more like her seedling than she did to me.

We stood hand in hand in the verandah and here I was, mastering every single detail of him before he would leave me to reminisce on them. His Uber driver had texted him saying he was a few minutes away and Christopher decided it was time to leave. His dad and his wife were leaving with his luggage but without him as he planned to meet them at the airport on his own. It was really sinking in that everyone was going their separate ways but I still found it a pill so hard to swallow.

"I'll call you everyday. We'll facetime all the time too. Promise?"

I've had hours of prepping myself for this moment just to restrain from spilling these easy tears but they came out and I haughtily wiped them away.

"Promise." I told him and the next thing I knew, he opened his arms and wrapped them around me.

Slowly holding out my arms as well, I hugged him back and dwelled on his nice scent to get away from my feelings for a moment.

"I'll come down to England and slap your face red if you as much as glance at another girl."

"I'll keep that in mind." he replied and I could feel his smile against forehead.

I closed my eyes and hugged him tighter to relish all of him in a race against time before pulling away to save my sanity.

"Okay, that's enough. This is for you and call me the very second you land." I handed him the coca-cola drink with me and his smile brightened.

man, I swear I see a halo hovering his head.

"Don't be so much in a hurry to see me go. I'll be back sometime next month after my exam okay? If any guy tries to make a move on you, tell them your boyfriend is a bouncer and they'll stay clear."

"Bouncer?" I giggled and poked his bicep, "Who?

"Trust me. I know karate."

"Sure." I gave a fake smile, "Throw your fists from London then."

"I will," he sneered, "dumbass."

A honk caught our attention and I pouted on seeing his ride that's just arrived.

"This is it, I guess." he mouthed and dipped down to kiss me with his already swollen red lips from the many kisses we've shared. "I'll miss you."

My heart raced in my chest and I quickly memorized the breathtaking sight of him before holding his blue gaze again.

"I'll miss you more." I whispered and his hands slowly slipped away from mine as he left for the car.

With one last wave, he sent me a flying kiss and boarded the vehicle and just like that, he was gone.

The rusty silence greeted me and after a minute or two of trying to pull myself together, the waterfalls found their way out and I had no idea why I even tried to stop them at first.

"Tracy, look at this pretty dress I found on Amaz... What in heaven's name are you doing?"

Not minding my mom, I fell on my knees and made loud throaty sobs to the pain in my chest. Even if I tried, I doubt anything could stop me from crying out my heartache. I now understood why people clutched their chest in movies during sad endings which I usually grimaced at and call melodramatic. Overly sentimental or not, I would give anything to have him turn right back and tell me things were going to be okay.