Chapter 21| Zombie

Lyrics to go- Hate you by BTS Jungkook

Chapter 21: Zombie

Christopher

I went to school the next day feeling brand new.

These past days, I've been trying to live up to people's expectations, trying to please them every way I could. I've gone soft from my bad boy reputation too but not anymore.

People don't deserve to see the real you. No matter how hard you tried to please them, they would still treat you like shit. I was willing to change my ways for Anna. I was willing to publicly humiliate myself so she'd forgive me. But all for what? Fucking her best friend? Heck, I didn't even know her then. Making me feel sorry for giving Suzan what she wanted? Fuck that.

And also, I had not an iota of remorse for kissing Daniella. The girl didn't even know Richard liked her. She was not first come first served and I didn't see a taken tag on her.

bullshit.

At least I've done my best at showing penitence. It was up to them to forgive or keep holding grudges. So no, I'd rather just live the best of my life onwards. Kelvin's words were clearer to me now. I should never let anyone treat me like shit ever again. I just never thought Anna could be on that list.

I strut around in my well ironed school pants and sparkling white shirt with the swift grace of a king, rocked my every step in gold sneakers, set my hair to the newest fashion and I've finally set out for a less difficult admirer.

Things were finally back to normal. Me not being a part of the squad, Anna being the closed off person that kept her distance from everyone, Richard acting like he didn't know me, and Daniella frequently stealing affectionate glances at me which I never failed to return with flirty winks.

They were all surprised I was taking the fight well. Perhaps they expected me in torn baggy clothes and a stinky breath, down on my knees and begging for forgiveness.

pfft.

They had better know that from the bottom of my heart, I couldn't give a soaring fuck. So I put on the brightest smile all through the class periods before prep hour began.

I stopped being modest in class too. I'd always refrained from answering questions all the time because I didn't want others to feel I was acting smart. Truth is, whether they liked it or not, I was the smartest person on earth and it was simply ridiculous to hide that fact.

It was lunch break now but we had free period after so I was at my desk, listening to my playlist and playing block breaker when Daniella came up to me. The sight of her reminded me of this morning's foreplay and quick coitus.

She was the first person to meet me this morning and as expected, she'd taken yesterday's kiss as us being officially together. Just a stupid kiss and she thought owned me now. Still, and as always, I laid out the fact that I had nothing serious to offer her just like every other girl I'd come across except well... you know who.

Daniella understood and admitted she wasn't thinking we'd end up marrying or some shit other girls thought of high school hook up. She liked me at the moment and she was going to enjoy every bit of the experience while it lasted. That was her decision anyway, but we both knew we wouldn't last a week.

This morning's make-out had been quite intense and it had led to us taking things to a new level of fifty shades of grey in the male restroom. Coincidentally, Richard's prediction came to pass as Daniella indeed sucked my dirty little...