Chapter 41| Bonkers

Chapter 41: Bonkers

Tracy

I was back in my room this calm Saturday evening, doing nothing much of interest. My blanket was drawn up to my waist and my gaze stayed transfixed on my PC screen playing a YouTube Chinese series.

I took another bite of the crisp fried plantain chip from the bag of chips I sneaked into my room earlier. My mom was home and she'd go on and on about foods staying in the kitchen and dining if she saw me right now. Munching on another piece, I got more consumed in the cliché romance series I planned on binge watching.

My door suddenly flung open and a figure materialized. Let's say, I had no time to hide the bag of chips so I froze like a rain deer caught in headlights. Not until I realized it was my brother about a second later.

"Do you want to watch a movie, cupcake?"

He lingered by the door with his outstretched arm leaving my door wide open. Reaching for a pillow, I nailed it in his face and grinned satisfactorily when, thanks to my poor aim, it smacked him in the crotch instead.

"Ow!" he shrieked, cupping his, most likely broken nuts. "What was that for!?"

"How many times will I tell you to knock before opening my door?" I snapped at the airhead. "What if I was naked, hm?"

"Is that enough reason to destroy my nuts with your...rocky headrest?" Tristan jabbered on, "Besides, what's there to see that I haven't? We used to bathe in the same bathroom, remember?"

The scowl on my face was unparalleled.

"Last time that happened, I was nine. So the next time you open my door without knocking first, your nuts are done for."

Tristan entered the room and closed the door behind him. "You keep forgetting I'm two years older than you. I mean, can't you atleast pretend you respect me for once?"

I clucked my tongue and popped another chip into my mouth. "Because age will add money to your wallet, abi?"

"Rude brat." he muttered and unceremoniously helped himself with a sunken seat on my bed.

Glaring bullets at the dunce, I unplugged my ears of the earphones and kicked him off the bed.

"Get off!"

The muscular lump barely budged, much to my disappointment and pure distaste when he laughed non-stop as if tickled.

let's see if my fangs are tickling then.

And like that, my teeth were on his back.

"Ay, vampire!" he magically leapt away from me like a frog. "Fine, I'll leave you. Jeez!"

To my smile of victory, he muttered, "So childish."

Not minding him, I went back to stuffing my face with chips.

My brother and I loved to be at each other's throats but we loved each other nonetheless. The past two years with us constantly apart had been tough but when he returned from the university, all we did was bicker. That was just our way of expressing affection for each other.

"Didn't mom tell you to stop bringing snacks to your room? Until cockroaches kiss your mouth at night abi?" he taunted as he watched me wolf on my chips with a stink eye.

"Why are you here, Tristan?" I huffed at the wrecking ball pinned on my leisure time.

"Come and watch a movie on the Tv before you say I'm hoarding it all to myself." he replied nonchalantly.