Chapter 8| Lovesick

Chapter 8: Lovesick

The next days met me in a good mood. My father was still formal when addressing me but he was becoming more friendly. Just yesterday, we watched basketball together and it was the best father-to-son bond that had ever existed between us. Even granny was happy with the new slight change.

Yesterday was independence day so there was no school. Today however, was a 'back to school' day after the short break.

Annabelle and I got a bit closer since last week and I just wished we had more time to talk and hang out. But we only saw each other during school sessions and we never met after closing hours.

We were having Mrs. Dorcas biology class now and Anna was not here even though she belonged here. Ten minutes into the lecture, the door opened and Anna finally stepped in.

"And why are you just coming?" the teacher inquired sharply.

"She is so in for it." Daniella silently mocked a seat row ahead of me.

such a bitch.

Daniella continued to act friendly towards me even though she wanted us to be more and when she saw Anna with me a couple of times, she took her as her rival.

I was in the middle bench row this lecture as I couldn't get a front seat since I got to class after many front row benchers. It was devastating that we didn't follow a system of choosing a permanent seat.

I actually pitied Anna right now. If she didn't have a good excuse, her sorry butt was going bye bye to the principal's office. Mrs. Dorcas was one strict teacher when it came to homework, punctuality and test.

"The V.P asked me to show a fresher to the bookshop during lunch break and it took a while before I could get back here." she explained.

Mrs. Dorcas simply nodded and told her to take a seat.

huh.

She really took Anna's word for it. That was rare. Anna being a top student must've helped.

Anna sighed in relief but made a disgusted face as she approached the back seats.

better luck next time.

The lecture promptly continued but not long, I heard whisperings behind me and when I glanced back, I saw that it came from Anna and Timothy's bench. Gripping my pen in anger, I listened and watched as Tim tried so hard to woo her. The latter was not liking the situation either.

Timothy, as I'd come to know, was the proprietor's adopted son. He was one spoilt kid who went about bullying juniors and forcing girls on him. The teachers overlooked his rude behavior most times, that's if they didn't want to get fired of course but he was becoming an intolerable rascal.

He loved to act like his hair was his life too, as he went about with a comb stuck in his thick hair and had two other students act like his bodyguards or to be specific, the devil's posse.

"How about we talk it out tonight? I'll be at your dorm by eight." Tim whispered with an obvious innuendo.

"You better stay the hell away from me Timothy or I'll shove your dick right into your asshole myself." Anna threatened.

To be honest, I tensed a bit at the intensity of her tone even though the threat was not directed at me.

Mrs. Dorcas, oblivious of Tim's act, stood by the electronic interactive board as she explained today's topic.