Chapter 9| Contract

Chapter 9: Contract

Annabelle

I looked up at the questioning look on his face.

"No." I said, smiling sheepishly.

He smiled back at me and I couldn't help noticing how his pink lips curled up at the corners of his mouth.

"You look gorgeous when you smile. You should do it often. It's nice seeing the dimples I never knew you had."

My heart skipped a beat. I despised compliments but hearing it from him made me feel giddy and I blushed even more.

"Anna," he searched my face, "what exactly is cooking up in your head?"

I tore my gaze from him and shook my head with the unexplainable grin on my face.

With a gasp, his hand flew to his chest, teasing again as he asked, "Is someone getting the wrong idea?"

"Fuck, just leave me alone." I pushed him lightly out of embarrassment and buried my face in my hands.

I pretty much figured out what he was doing. He knew his charming ways was working on me and he decided to tease me for it.

"And here I was thinking I still won't stand a chance using flattery." his blue eyes glinted as he laughed at me.

surprised I'm capable of feeling embarrassed huh?

"Okay you can stop now. Christopher!" I whined when he kept going at it.

"I'm sorry, you just needed to see how cute you looked."

"Dickhead." I said and poked his chest with my index finger.

But he took my hand from his chest and enclosed it in the warmth of his and when I looked down at the gesture, my heart did a double flip.

Time seemed to slow down when the smile slowly vanished from his face and he searched my face instead.

Soon, he was leaning towards me until our lips were just a mere inch apart and his warm breath fanned my cheeks. All playfulness was gone as he stared down at my lips while my pulses echoed in my ears.

"Chris, I-"

He shut me up, slowly and gingerly closing the space and working his intoxicating lips on mine.

My brain shut down and my body froze. I have never had a real kiss from a boy and suddenly, I got the urge to push him away but my head was reeling in excitement, cajoling me to respond to his drugging kiss.

And so, I finally parted my lips and let him gain access to the recess of my mouth.

"Anna." he moaned on my lips.

Damnit. I loved the way he called my name, unapologetically rendering my senses useless and by the time we pulled apart, I was breathless.

Looking into his blue eyes, tiny sparks set off on my skin, putting me in a trance. He watched my reaction too but with a quizzical look. Subsequently, I dropped my gaze back to his lips and my heart pulsed erratically in my chest.

Before I knew it, I crashed my lips on his again and this time, it was filled with burning desire. My arms found their way up and around his neck to deepen the blissful kiss, my fingers shifting into his hair which he loved to ruffle a lot. I've always wanted to do that. To soothe him just the way he liked to soothe himself when he was agitated.

We were definitely something, making out and smooching shamelessly in the school's backyard, and we were out of breath when we withdrew again.

He gazed at my face and I gazed at his, along with his now reddish pink lips, choosing to break the silence first while wearing a flirty smile, "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"