Chapter 56| Mob

~A Tracy's special chapter~

Chapter 56: Mob

Tracy

A month ran by smoothly and faster than I expected. Time really does fly when you're happy. Yeah, I was happy with Christopher. I learnt a lot about him in the space of one month and it's been a ride.

Asides having a grumpy and goofy side, he could also be pervert ish. Those qualities were just on the surface because beneath the tough guy exterior, I saw a total softie that just craved a lot of attention. At first, we simply tried getting to know each other more and always reached out to one another and of course, expressed our affection every chance we got. From little gestures like hands holding, him running his hand into my locks, to wrapping his arms around me and kisses that led to intense make outs I've come to get a hang of in no time.

Taking a run through the past couple of days, we started off by going after our respective goals and achieving them with a signature on a contract or a merit distinction award for outstanding performance in wassce. I started with a couple thousands of followers on my socials, courtesy of Daniella. I knew I had a long way to go and I immediately invested all my hard work into my music.

My producer handpicked some of my songs written by myself as well as songs by other professional songwriters and I started off with making and releasing my first EP. I was in constant touch with my manager and it turns out, Nicole was a cool, nice and brilliant guy. His sexuality further put me at ease in some way and the whole vibe he had going on made me feel like I had another girlfriend, if that makes sense. We were open to each other and our communication was off the charts so we had a mutual understanding career wise.

Getting to understand that exposing myself and my music to the internet would come a long way, I finally built a keen interest in it. Daniella on one hand was so supportive of me that it was almost too good to be true but I knew she meant well. She was in full support of my dream and no one had ever cheered so hard for me so she'd always be my number one fan.

Growing up, she barely had any friends that liked her for who she was and not the famous politician her dad was. After we had that heart to heart conversation at the sleepover the other day, she took a liking to me and I've considered her a friend too. For the photos on my social pages, I had rejected all the girlish skimpy dresses she wanted me to wear for the photo shoot. We might be friends now but she had a lot to learn to keep the bond. A dress? That was my biggest poisoning. I'd rather walk down the streets unclad, thank you very much.

The only time I could be caught alive in a dress was when my mom forced them on me for church services. It was considered a sin to wear trousers in church as a girl so I was left with no choice. Also, I'd rather wear a dress than a skirt. I had no skirt in my wardrobe and I made sure it stayed that way. There was just this sworn hatred I had for feminine clothes and I would like for it to remain that way.

Speaking of which, two days after Christopher and I got all official, Reverend Simon was thrown a little farewell party after the Sunday service. His four years tenure in the parish had come to an end and he was getting transferred to another diocese. There were many tears, one of which I also shed. I've known him since I joined the choir when I was thirteen and I've grown accustomed to him. I knew how much I would miss him and so did most of other church members, if not all.

With Christopher's company and support, but just annoying teases, I went up to Chioma and gave an apology to the things I said. At the very end, she confessed she missed me too and was only playing hard to get when she ignored my calls and texts. I must have been a fool to think our friendship would come to an end because of it. Sure, I wouldn't take her for granted and think she would always be back after I say hurtful things but I had a lot more faith in our friendship now. She was deeply hurt by my words, but she confessed she got some truths off it and she was ready to move on from her bad breakup. We had hugged it out in the church premises and returned to being besties.