Forgiveness

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

****

Ahad

I drove home, happily. It was done. I was officially ready to open up my own clinic. I couldn't wait to go home and tell Zoya about it. 

As I was driving down a less busy road, I spotted Fariha and Omar standing at the bus stop, with Zaid in his pram. Omar was in his school uniform, white button down shirt and grey shorts, and he had a white bandage around his knee. His hair was messy and he looked like he was in pain. I pulled up my car in front of them and rolled down the window. "Assalam Alaikum! Can I drop you somewhere? You okay, Omar?"

"Walaikum Assalam." Fariha replied, glancing away. "That's okay. Thank you, Ahad. We'll manage."

"I fell, Ahad Uncle." Omar muttered. "It really hurts." 

"Fariha Bhabi, where are you going to take him in the bus when he's clearly in pain." I said. "Please get in."

She looked surprised that I called her 'Bhabi'.

"You're Zafar's wife, so you're like my Bhabi." I said. "And you're Jazzy's Nand, so please, let me drive you." 

"Thank you." She helped Omar get into the front passenger seat, and I got out to help her fold Zaid's pram. Thanking me again, she got into the backseat, holding her two-months-old baby son.

It was so hard to believe that this was the same Fariha Ali, the girl who used to drive around in air conditioned cars, first with drivers, and then by herself after she learnt how to drive. "Home?"

"Yes, please." 

I got my phone out. "Let me just let Zafar know." 

Again, she looked surprised, but she didn't say a word.

While Zafar's tone was formal with me on the phone, he thanked me warmly once he realised that I was helping his wife and kids. 

"I really appreciate it." Fariha spoke up after I hung up.

"Don't worry about it. I wouldn't want Zoya or Jasmina to end up in this situation." I glanced at Omar. "Cool bandage, dude." 

"Thanks!" Omar grinned, surprised. 

"True sign of your bravery." I nodded in approval as I focused on the road.

"Zafar Papa says that big boys don't cry." He told me proudly. "And I didn't cry!" 

I smiled. Zafar was truly a great man, and clearly he had managed to win the hearts of Saad and Omar as well. "That's very cool, man. Very cool." 

Omar chattered on happily for the rest of the way, and the atmosphere was actually quite relaxed, despite the tension between me and Fariha. 

****

Jasmina

*The point of view that you all had been waiting for*

I was at a restaurant with my mother-in-law and Hania, and Ammi excused herself to go to the restroom, while I fed my daughter, who sat on a high chair.

Hania was concentrating hard on the small bits of fish fingers resting in a bowl on the high chair, and I found that very amusing. "What are you staring at with so much concentration, baby?"

"She's wondering if these are enough to share with her Papa." A deep, warm voice replied from behind me, making my eyes widen.

I turned. "Bhai!"