Dua From the Heart

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Jasmina

"I'm not a kid, Fawad." I looked at my husband.

He looked tensed as he sat beside me on our bed. 

"I had to throw up, so I dropped my phone while speaking to you. That's all." I was frustrated at him. "You are overreacting. I'm pregnant, and throwing up is a part of it. Relax." 

"You scared the..." He quickly glanced at Hania, who was playing with Hani doll at the foot of the bed. "...Life out of me, and you're asking me to relax."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought it would be a funny way to prank you." I said, sarcastically. "It was premeditated since last night. I thought about how exactly I was going to call you and then end the call dramatically." 

He closed his eyes tightly, as if he was suffering from a headache. 

"Seriously." I frowned. "What's wrong? You wouldn't normally behave like this. You know that I would never intentionally worry you, so why are you so angry?" 

"Because I just found out something about my kid sister which is making me worried sick." He admitted, dropping his head into his hands.

"What is it? Is Fariha and her family okay?" I put a hand on his arm.

"I don't know, Mina. But Ammi told me that Zafar has been suspended, and his brother is causing drama..." 

"Zafar Bhai has been suspended?" My eyes widened. 

"I need to talk to Fari. They must be very stressed out right now, and..."

"No, don't!" I stopped him. "Fawad, be honest. If we were in that situation, would you want my brothers talking to me directly and discussing this matter with me?" 

He didn't reply, but I could tell that he saw my point.

"She's married, so if she comes to you, after discussing this with Zafar Bhai, then it's a completely different matter. But for you to approach her directly without her even having told you this herself, that would not go down well with her. I wouldn't want any unsolicited advice from my own brothers regarding our family matter, especially behind your back."

He smiled at me. "I'm proud of the maturity you're showing, Mina." 

Frankly, my own brothers, despite their pure intentions, have been questioning me about a matter that was mine and Fawad's business. How we managed our family was our concern, and they should know better than to question Fawad's ability to take care of me. I loved Arhaan Bhai and Ahad Bhai, but when your sister gets married, there were a certain limitations that must be adhered to.

"But how can I not help, knowing her situation?" 

"I'm not being a stereotypical Bhabi, and refusing to allow you to help your sister." I said. "But, this is a fragile subject. I know that you want to help, because that's who you are, but just remember, it might create more problems for her in her in-laws." I rubbed my hand up and down his arm. "I wouldn't want my family members to act in a way that hurts your self-respect." 

"You're right." He nodded. "If Fari needs help, she'll ask. And as difficult as it is, I won't do anything unless she mentions it." 

Hani doll fell on the floor and Hania leaned over the side of the bed to try and reach for it, almost tumbling over in the process.

"Hania!" Fawad and I both practically yelled at the same time, startling the poor little baby. 

She burst into tears, causing us both to apologise to her, and Fawad reached for her to pull her into his arms.