Guilt

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

***

These beautiful aesthetics were created by Abut_Ahamed!

Thank you so much, I love it. It's so cute, so Hani, and even includes her Hani doll. ❤

****

Fariha

I was cleaning up the house as my in-laws' were returning at a two thirty flight in the morning. But tears kept forming in my eyes no matter what I tried to do. 

My Bhai, who had always protected me, always looked after me had almost lost his firstborn daughter, his Hania, because of my negligence.

The gate opened as I was sweeping the veranda and I stood up as Zafar walked in, looking exhausted. He closed the gate and locked it before turning and seeing me. 

"Assalam Alaikum." I whispered, softly.

"Walaikum Assalam."

After I'd returned from my parents' house, Zafar had left to pray Isha at the mosque. Omar had prayed at home before I'd returned and was now asleep. 

"Shall I heat up dinner for you?"

"I'm not hungry." He began to head inside our room.

"I spoke to Saad. You said you already had a word with him?" I asked, casually.

"I did." He looked at me. "I don't know if I had a right to or not, but I spoke to him, because as a police officer, I felt that I should let him know clearly how serious his mistake could have been." 

"Of course you have the right to, you're their father."  I was bewildered by that statement.

"He apologised, Fariha, but do you know what he said? That his Papa, as in Umair, once said that we should always avenge someone who wrongs us." He walked right up to me. "I asked him who he was avenging by hurting Hania, because there's nothing in this universe that Hania could have done to deserve revenge, or even her parents. And he told me that he was punishing you for telling him off because of her." 

I gasped.

"That kind of thinking is not normal in a child, Fariha." He shook his head, before looking up at the sky. "Anyway, I am beyond thankful that nothing happened to Hania, and not just for the sake of our consciences, but also because she's an innocent soul and doesn't deserve anything bad to happen to her." 

"I don't know how Saad took her out." 

"You were responsible for those kids, Fariha." He said. "I was out getting gripe water for Zaid, but knowing about Saad's previous behaviour with Hania, you should not have left those two alone." He pursed his lips before speaking again. "From today onwards, we're not taking the responsibility of other people's kids, especially not such young kids."