Tragedy Brings Us Together

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

I once saw someone asking a question to writers on Wattpad: Do you take Covid-19 into consideration while writing your books, or do you set your books in the past or future, or do you pretend that Covid-19 never existed.

Well, I'm not going to mention it, since, hopefully, people are going to be reading this long after the tragic year 2020. This story is set whenever the readers want it to be set

****

Zafar

Our group has had weird love lives, seriously. And by group I mean, the guys and girls in my generation in the Ali and Sheikh family.

Arhaan Bhai was the only one with a straightforward marriage.

Fawad Bhai started off loving Laiba, and he almost gave up his career for her. That man can do anything in love. But he ended up choosing his career because he had worked hard for it his entire life, and Laiba was just being selfish. He had ended up marrying Jasmina Sheikh.

Fariha chose Umair, despite her brother's and parents' warnings against her. After two kids and years of misery with him, she had decided to divorce him. She opened up her already vulnerable heart to Ahad, who first agreed to marry her despite knowing her entire situation, but then jilted her on the evening of their Nikah. That led me to send over a marriage proposal to her through her parents, because I genuinely liked her and had thought that she would make a good wife. And turns out, I was more than right. She was an amazing mother, and an incredible wife. She was the definition of selflessness.

In the Sheikh family, Ahad had married Aliya out of spite towards his little sister, but had ended up divorcing her just as impulsively. He then offered marriage to Fariha, but after changing his mind and basically being exiled from everyone for a while, he'd ended up randomly meeting Zoya Bhabi at a mall, and falling for her.

And then there was Jasmina Bhabi. I had been in love with her for years, but then she got engaged to Fawad Bhai, and during that engagement period, he ended up in love with her as well. The girl, at a young and impressionable age, made a wrong choice because of seemingly an innocent university crush, and had abandoned Fawad Bhai for her, but they still ended up together.

But ultimately, we'd all ended up with who we truly belonged with. Well, I am not too sure about Arhaan Bhai yet.

"Zafar Papa?"

I had been lying on the charpai in the veranda, waiting for Fari to call, when a small voice made me turn. "Yes, Saad?"

He looked small and vulnerable. "I had a bad dream."

I sat up and patted the charpai beside me. He came and sat down, looking close to tears. "Tell me about it."

"I dreamt that Omar Bhai met Thor and didn't tell me about it. He went to meet him, and didn't take me with him." The tears appeared in his eyes then. The boys looked like Umair, their father, but the vulnerability in Saad's eyes reminded me of how Fariha looked whenever she thought about her past.

"It was just a dream, Saad. Your Bhai will never do that to you, you know that."

"Really?" Saad rubbed his eyes.