Making Amends

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

© Copyright of the above photograph also belongs to me. I love plane photography, and this image was just worth capturing.

#whentravelwaspossible

****

Arhaan

"What?" Ahad and I almost yelled together.

"No need to get hyper." Papa told us both. "It's just a thought that occurred to me and your Ammi, and we wanted to discuss it with you."

Our parents, Ahad, me, Sadia and Zoya were all gathered in the living room, and Ammi and Papa had just mentioned how they felt it was a good decision to move out to another place.

"Absolutely not." I shook my head. "No freaking way!"

"This is your home." Ahad, as usual, lost his temper. "Why should you have to leave?" He glared at Sadia as he said the last part.

"Don't blame me for this, Ahad." Sadia said, stiffly.

I snapped. "Then who the hell should he blame?" I roared, turning to face her.

There was a deathly silence in the room, as Sadia looked at me wide-eyed.

"Whose fault is it, Sadia, tell me?" I continued, practically shaking with rage. "Ahad's? Mine? Or Ammi's? Can you take an oath to the fact that you're completely innocent in this, Sadia?"

"Arhaan, look beta, we're just doing this for everyone's sake." Ammi tried to maintain the peace as usual. "Everybody would be happier this way."

"What everybody?!" I turned to face her. "You two won't be, I won't be, Ahad won't be, and I know Zoya enough now to know that even she won't be."

"Arhaan, behave calmly." Papa spoke up. "We don't want any arguments, we're all well-educated people here and we can deal with the situation as such. If Afreen and I decide to leave this house, it will be our decision, and we won't change our minds about it."

I continued glaring at Sadia. "I admit that Islamically, you have no duty to look after my parents. But you know that hurting someone's feelings is considered a major sin. And you have hurt countless feelings, including Ammi, Jazzy and you even scared Hania. If you are not to be held accountable for not looking after my parents, you will be held accountable for all the drama and pain that you've caused. And while you do all this, you forget that we have two sons, and one day everything we do might come back to us in the forms of our sons and daughters-in-law."

Sadia glanced away, as realisation dawned on her.

"You've hurt a lot of people, Sadia, but it's never too late for repentance." I added. "And if you still don't want to come on the right path, then I've already started speaking to a mosque Imam about this, and I will no longer hesitate to take that one ultimate step."

Sadia paled as Ammi gasped out, "Arhaan, beta, no!"

"Forget my family, Sadia, you show no respect for me, no matter how hard I try. You cause nothing but drama and fights in the family, so tell me one thing clearly, in front of all these witnesses: do you want our marriage to end?"