Birthday Party!

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Zoya

I made halal chocolate mousse for the kids for Ismael's birthday, adding sliced strawberries on top. 

"Ismael won't have that

"Ismael won't have that."  Sadia Bhabi frowned as she came into the kitchen. "There's already cake and chocolate. I don't want him to have so much sweet stuff."

"Bhabi, come on." I said. "I made it with so much effort." 

"Ismael won't have it Zoya. Too much sweet is not good for her." She said, as she checked on the other food. "You can give it to Hania or Fariha's kids if you want." 

My mouth actually dropped open as I tried to digest her words. "So, let me get this straight? It would be too sweet and unhealthy for your own son, but you're suggesting that I give it to Hania or Fariha's kids? Jo apne bachon ke liye nahin theek, woh doosron ke bachon ke liye chal jaye ga? Wah! Yeh sahi hai." I can't resist it. I can't stand it when someone behaves unfairly, or frankly, like a b***h. 

 *"What's not right for your own kids, will be acceptable for someone else's kids? Wow! That sounds right." 

"I didn't mean that." She looked at me with distaste. 

"Fine." I shrugged. "Whoever wants it, they can have it." I wasn't in the mood to argue. It was her son's birthday, so her rules, I guess.

I was just going to mind my own business after that, but she just had to say one more thing: "In fact, you should avoid sweet stuff as well, Zoya. You eat a lot of desserts, like Jasmina." 

"Bhabi, I'm not arguing with you about what Ismael should or shouldn't it. So, please don't tell me what I should or shouldn't eat as well." I looked at her. "I am a grown up, and the wife of a doctor. If there's something concerning about me or my diet, my husband will tell me." 

She just rolled her eyes and walked off. 

Why do I always feel like I'm a soldier on the frontline, ready for yet another battle, when Bhabi was around?

****

"Dr Ahad?" I said, cheekily, entering our bedroom.

Wearing dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt, Ahad was living up to his bad boy image as he sprayed cologne in front of the mirror.

"I've brought your daily dosage of sweetness." I was carrying one of the small kid-sized clear plastic ice cream cups that contained the mousse. "It shall give you instant relief from any troubles or stress that's bothering you." 

"For me?" He grinned. "I'm honoured. But when you say 'sweetness', what exactly are you talking about?" With a wink, he pulled me closer, and I barely avoided smashing the mousse against his chest.